Status
Not open for further replies.

727driver

Hi All,

I am new to the BCD436HP and the modern scanning world. The last time i used a scanner it was using crystals...LOL yes, I know years ago. Anyways I am trying to help an older uncle get this programmed. I have read the manual a couple of times but it just isn't syncing in.

I want to accomplish the following:

Set it for about a 60 mile radius around his zip code (think I got that one figured out).

Do I need to set the FTO to get fire station calls?

How do I configure the scanner to turn the display backlight when any station is received.

How do I configure the LED light colors (e.g. EMS call WHITE, FIRE-RED, MIL Green, etc)

How do I set the delay longer than 2 second when a call ends. Do I have to set each and every station manually in the software for a longer delay.

Thank you again in advance for help.

safetyobc

If you have the frequency programmed for the fire dept you want to hear you will hear their traffic. If you want the scanner to be in "standby" and not hear any traffic until they "Tone Out" then you would need to program the FTO.

Backlight = Press Menu, Scroll down to Display Options > Set Backlight > Set Mode > Squelch.

LED light colors have to be set per channel. When you are on the channel edit menu, scroll to Set Alert > Set Alert Light > Pick the color.

Under the channel edit menu scroll to Set Delay Time. There you can changed the default delay time longer. This is also a per channel setting.

It would be much easier to change all of these settings if you have a lot of channels using the free Sentinal Software available from Uniden.

Hope that helps!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
And, the individual channel settings (led alert on activity, delay time, etc) are only possible on channels that are in a Favorites List, not from the main database.

727driver

Thank you for the tips. I have the sentinel software installed on my computer, I did not see a way to set the lights in the software. It may be me but I have not found the software to be that intuitive use.

So if I am understanding this correctly. Instead of using the zip code I have to go into to the software and create a FAVORITES list and assign the lights and delay to each station I add to the favorites list.

727driver

Still pulling my hair trying to to get this programmed and disappointed in the manual.

Is there a way to put a ZIP and transfer all those freq to a favorite list so I can change the colors and set the delay?

Bucko

Using your sentinel software you can append from your software database to your Favorite that you have created. Scroll to the freq or system in the database of Sentinel that want you to move to your Favorite, right click and choose Append Favorite List. To add a color go to your favorite scroll to the item and click on alert light and choose your color. Don't forget to click save..

Status
Not open for further replies.