• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL567

Hello 243. I've been a member for several years but just now started posting on this forum myself. I've mostly kept up with the scanner section and the updates on frequencies from this site. Greetings from Knoxville. Maybe I'll hear you on the air some time. I get alot of dx from Canada. Mostly Nova Scotia. I have talked to triple 7 radio canada needle bender several times out of Canada over the past several months.

RC286

Welcome 243! keep an ear out for me. RC286 from Manitoba. I can hit nova scotia barefoot mobile so ya may hear me out there.

My first base antenna was a 5/8 mobile antenna that I built a ground plane for (3 radials) on my roof attached to my chimney. I made many long distance contacts with it. It worked very well for a DIY pile of junk. :p Just get it outside and you will see a huge difference.

Hell even a wire dipole will work. If you are trying to shoot skip, vertical or horizontal polarization doesn't matter. Just get it outside, good coax, good match (SWR) and as high up as you can. You will notice a huge difference!

RC286

Usually I am on 38 lower. There are a bunch of locals (myself included) out here that belong to a group "Radio Canada DX group" and hang out on this channel too.

Status
Not open for further replies.