• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New TRS at ECU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG3K

Premium Subscriber
I ran across license WQVW498 which appears to be for a trunking system licensed to East Carolina University. The reported emission, 20K0F3E, seems to be an analog system and not P25 or DMR.

I'm planning on driving through the area tomorrow and will take a listen. Maybe someone that lives in the area can give a listen?

--Eric

GamecockSJ

Premium Subscriber
I am out in Winterville and not hearing anything on those frequencies even with squelch open all the way. I assume one of them would be a control channel with the typical buzz noise?

WG3K

Premium Subscriber
I am out in Winterville and not hearing anything on those frequencies even with squelch open all the way. I assume one of them would be a control channel with the typical buzz noise?
Yes, if this is a Motorola SmartZone or similar system. I wonder if these are just conventional repeaters with frequencies in the trunking area. Or maybe they are nothing at all...

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
It appears to be an Amerizon maintained small 4 channel facilities maintenance type TRS.

Marshall KE4ZNR

GamecockSJ

Premium Subscriber
I thought ECU had a TRBO system for that. Or that some of them were on the Vidant/West Campus system.

I work downtown one block from campus and I can scan those freqs tomorrow.

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
I thought ECU had a TRBO system for that. Or that some of them were on the Vidant/West Campus system.

I work downtown one block from campus and I can scan those freqs tomorrow.
It could also be a limited coverage system since they only want to cover their campus.
Marshall KE4ZNR

WG3K

Premium Subscriber
The system on Brody is a SmartZone system. Why main campus facilities never moved over to this system has always been a mystery to me. It has good coverage on main campus and with the BDAs we installed there should be no problems in the buildings. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.