New TTC CIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
That's Channel 11. It's licensed to Lawrence Station (there's an antenna on top of the power building on the west side of Yonge, South of Lawrence). It is also licensed to York Mills Station, and Wilson Complex.

Given that you heard the 512 (bus - not streetcar) which is being handled by Malvern Division, I would wager that you were picking up the Yonge and Lawrence transmitter. It isn't on the list of voice channels however, which is odd. Though, the system can assign them on the fly.

mciupa

Database Admin
I notice we also have no CIS for:

Lakeshore, Leslie, Mount Dennis, Queensway, Roncesvalles, Russell .

Be nice to find them before the system becomes TETRA.

mjf

Premium Subscriber
I notice we also have no CIS for:

Lakeshore, Leslie, Mount Dennis, Queensway, Roncesvalles, Russell .

Be nice to find them before the system becomes TETRA.
Queensway busses are often on 423.7375 which I believe is the Shipp Center at Islington & Bloor (used to be on 423.6625). This my local transmitter.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mciupa

Database Admin
I'd like to put a name to the frequency you found and add it to the database.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
There's no set frequency per division. The only CIS locations are: Arrow, Wilson, Mt Dennis, Queensway, Roncesvalles, Malvern, Birchmount, and Eglinton. Lakeshore garage is for fleet vehicles and wheeltrans (they're already TETRA). Leslie is a satellite division of Russell, but all streetcar CIS is out of Roncesvalles.

Basically, the trump unit finds the best signal based on a bunch of contention parameters. Any bus can use any tower - where it's data ends up is dependant on the Division code the operator logs in with.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Sorry there's also a CIS console at Transit Control used for emergencies and fare disputes.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

mjf

Premium Subscriber
Another CIS voice channel heard on 423.5000 recently. It was quite busy this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mciupa

Database Admin
The subway MPT 1327 system was quiet when I rode the Bloor-Danforth Line last week, which was unusual.

Thanks for the new frequency. :)

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
There's been some major changes to CIS the last two weeks or so - didn't realize additional channels were part of the plan, but I wouldn't be surprised.

What did it sound like the comms were? 423.500 used to be a voice channel located on the Harbourfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.