TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

jharper38294

Tone detector hangs up

Hi all, I am new to this website and new to twotonedetect. I am a member of 2 fire departments. I set up twotonedetect on one computer and had no issues at all. I set it up on another computer and have been having trouble. It will work fine for a while but if there is too much traffic the tone sticks on 1 tone and stays there. Even when the audio drops below the squelch it shows the tone. The audio is working because i can see the meter move, it just will not detect tones. It stays this way until I close and restart it. Is there any known fix for this. I have this set up on a fairly old XP machine so I have a feeling it may be due to the computer as it works fine on the other. Just wanted to check for known issues. Thanks in advance.

jharper38294

Hi all, I am new to this website and new to twotonedetect. I am a member of 2 fire departments. I set up twotonedetect on one computer and had no issues at all. I set it up on another computer and have been having trouble. It will work fine for a while but if there is too much traffic the tone sticks on 1 tone and stays there. Even when the audio drops below the squelch it shows the tone. The audio is working because i can see the meter move, it just will not detect tones. It stays this way until I close and restart it. Is there any known fix for this. I have this set up on a fairly old XP machine so I have a feeling it may be due to the computer as it works fine on the other. Just wanted to check for known issues. Thanks in advance.

Got it fixed. Just had to move my cord from the microphone plug to the line in plug. 🤦*♂️

hazard78

Feed Provider
Just a quick shout out to DC31(Jim) for helping me get TTD up and running. Thank you sir your expertise is greatly appreciated.

bibbles10504

Sending e-mails with gmail

I got TTD 70 running with the raspberry pi. I am trying to get it to send e-mails using my gmail but I keep getting "SSLError: [SSL: WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER]

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
i have older verson 67a but wasnt having issue with it but yesterday it wasnt sending calls it was recieving them and recording them just not sending them. i restarted the program and same thing today. i looked on the log file and didnt see any errors. any ideas whats going on.

DC31

Feed Provider
i have older verson 67a but wasnt having issue with it but yesterday it wasnt sending calls it was recieving them and recording them just not sending them. i restarted the program and same thing today. i looked on the log file and didnt see any errors. any ideas whats going on.
It sounds like you might not be authenticating with your email server

squirrel

Premium Subscriber
I just installed TTD on a Raspberry Pi but it seems that I get a audio device error unless I open up PulseAudio first. The problem is on a reboot PulseAudio is closed and TTD fails to start. Anyone run into this before or have a work around?

DC31

Feed Provider
I just installed TTD on a Raspberry Pi but it seems that I get a audio device error unless I open up PulseAudio first. The problem is on a reboot PulseAudio is closed and TTD fails to start. Anyone run into this before or have a work around?
It happens all the time. See my post in the thread specific to TTD on the RPi.

rdougher

Is there any way to run the Python version of TTD with a single mp3 file as the source (instead of a sound card input)?

I ask because I have a system in place which uses sox to listen to a live stream and cut mp3 files for each transmission. If I could throw TTD into the mix and have it send any detected tones to a variable in my system that would be brilliant. But having it listen to each last-cut mp3 file for analysis would be key.

DC31

Feed Provider
What I have done is to have TTD listen directly to the live stream. All my work is on the RaspberryPi version of TTD, I am lost when it comes to Windows but it might be similar. Here is an overview of the RPi method:

Start up VLC and connect it to the live stream. Open Pulse Audio Volume Control, go to the Playback tab, you should find the VLC playback running. Note the output that it is going to.

Start TTD. Go into PAVucontrol Recording Tab. You should find TTD running there (identified as python 2.7). In the input dropdown box choose the Monitor of output from the Playback tab.

Now VLC is playing the live stream and outputting to say Output1. TTD is running and listening to that stream by taking as its input the monitor of Output1.

Not sure what your end game is with the "variable in my system", but you can issue commands upon tone detection using the alert_command parameter in your tones.cfg file.

Sorry I can't be of more help but this might get you steered in a direction. The key is using pulse audio to route the audio where you want it to go.

squirrel

Premium Subscriber
So what is the secret to getting FTP upload to work? I have a local FTP server on my network and have tried FTP://192.168.1.6 and 192.168.1.6 as the FTP address and I can see in my FTP logs that it doesn't even try to connect.

So what is the secret to getting FTP upload to work? I have a local FTP server on my network and have tried FTP://192.168.1.6 and 192.168.1.6 as the FTP address and I can see in my FTP logs that it doesn't even try to connect.

This took me some time.
I just have the ip.

But it came down I didn’t have the ffmpeg.exe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kc7wsu

Premium Subscriber
I am getting the following error when tying to open an encrypted file on my linux machine.

Code:
candrist@yeahmon-pc:~/Downloads/ttd$ uname -a
Linux yeahmon-pc 4.9.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.144-3.1 (2019-02-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux
candrist@yeahmon-pc:~/Downloads/ttd$ python TonesEditor9a.pyc 
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1545, in __call__
    return self.func(*args)
  File "TonesEditor9a.py", line 71, in file_open_encrypted
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '\\home\\candrist\\Downloads\\ttd\\candrist.enc'

Regards,

Chris

kc7wsu

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought about a future enhancement.... how about the option to send a periodic test email/text (likely just to the system administrator) just to indicate things are up, running and working as expected? Perhaps have a user configurable time period (daily, weekly etc). Might be kind of handy....

We have nightly Pager Tests. If I don't get a nightly pager test I figure there is something going on.

kc7wsu

Premium Subscriber
I just upgraded to 70 and set up the FTP Server to upload all of the files. They are showing up on the server just fine.

Is there a trick to get a link to the website instead of the MP3 attached to the email notification?

Regards,

Chris Andrist, KC7WSU
Woodland Hills, Utah - Fire Department