TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

kc7wsu

Premium Subscriber
The email notification does not have a link to the ftp in it. It just has the MP3 Attached to the email.

Do I need to add something to the email body to get the mp3 link?

kc7wsu

Premium Subscriber
The FTP uploads just fine. The issue that I have is with the actual email sent to the user

Should the email to the user have the MP3 or a link to the MP3?

Last edited:

DC31

Feed Provider
Generally the emails will have the .mp3 or .amr attachments. If you use the push notification feature, then you need to send the link with the push as audio attachments are too large for push notifications. There are ways to send the link with the email if you feel that is necessary, but most simply email the audio attachment.

kc7wsu

Premium Subscriber
Generally the emails will have the .mp3 or .amr attachments. If you use the push notification feature, then you need to send the link with the push as audio attachments are too large for push notifications. There are ways to send the link with the email if you feel that is necessary, but most simply email the audio attachment.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something in my config.

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something in my config.
Sending a Hyperlink via SMS
To send a hyperlink to the web address of the file that was uploaded via FTP, set the “Email Body” field in the TonesEditor program to the root web address, and use the [mp3] tag to insert the filename of the file that was uploaded to the web server. Note that the [mp3] tag includes the relative path to the file. For example:

Setting “Email Body” to: KFDapp.ca[mp3]

will send this hyperlink in the body of the message:

http://www.myfd.org/audio/Tone1_2016_12_22_15_32_17.mp3

DC31

Feed Provider
Full disclosure here: you are talking to someone who really has little understanding of how this works. But I will do my best. Ftp is the process used to transfer files to your web site. Once transferred to your web site, they are accessed by http using the path to your file. I use nearlyfreespeech.net In my case they are ftp’d to ftp.phx.nearlyfreespeech.net then they become available at http://ttd.nfshost.com/Fire...X.mp3. That web site address is the generic one for my username ttd. You will need to figure this out with your web site provider as they will all be different. You need the http address to the file that you are storing on their server. If you are running a regular web site with a domain name you shiukd be able to use http://mydomain.com/pathtofile.
Remember, I told you not to listen to me...

@DC31 I got this almost setup but hitting a wall. I can't get ttd to upload to the FTP. I have it going to FTP Server: 10.1.60.2/user/appdata/letsencrypt/www/wordpress/audio/

this works in from chrome and firefox. Does TTD only save to the root or can it save to the folder?

DC31

Feed Provider
It only uploads to the root directory. This was discussed recently in another thread I think and the ability to upload to a folder may be included in the next release.

It only uploads to the root directory. This was discussed recently in another thread I think and the ability to upload to a folder may be included in the next release.
well I got the web server part working. Have to wait for an update. I was using a plugin that in't working that use to make the file I wanted as root but that is't working atm.

Is TTD still support/ getting updates?

Nowco21

I have been getting multiple text for the same call. I have the Ignore After set to 180 sec and the extend recording for stacked tones on. Any Ideas?

DC31

Feed Provider
Check the log file in the logfiles folder for clues. If you can't figure it out post one of the log files with duplicate alerts here.

VTRadioGuy

Has anybody seen this before? The tones came in and it took over an hour for to receive the message. Here is the new part of the code that I haven't see before:

done converting to AMR Pittsfield FD 12:13:46 on 03/13/19
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
done starting TLS
logging in
logged in
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TTD70.py", line 91, in mail
File "smtplib.py", line 747, in sendmail
SMTPRecipientsRefused: {';Email addresses to send mp3 attachment to. Separate with commas': (555, '5.5.2 Syntax error. f126sm9958861qka.14 - gsmtp')}
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 1 trying again in five seconds for Pittsfield FD Page Received at 12:12:59 on 03/13/19
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
done starting TLS
logging in
logged in
SMTPRecipientsRefused: {';Email addresses to send mp3 attachment to. Separate with commas': (555, '5.5.2 Syntax error. l28sm8513934qtl.53 - gsmtp')}
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 2 trying again in five seconds for Pittsfield FD Page Received at 12:12:59 on 03/13/19
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
done starting TLS
logging in
logged in
SMTPRecipientsRefused: {';Email addresses to send mp3 attachment to. Separate with commas': (555, '5.5.2 Syntax error. r11sm7571346qtj.70 - gsmtp')}
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 3 trying again in five seconds for Pittsfield FD Page Received at 12:12:59 on 03/13/19
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
done starting TLS
logging in
logged in
AMR Group Email sent to

Any help is appreciated!!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Has anybody seen this before? The tones came in and it took over an hour for to receive the message. Here is the new part of the code that I haven't see before:

done converting to AMR Pittsfield FD 12:13:46 on 03/13/19
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
done starting TLS
logging in
logged in
SMTPRecipientsRefused: {';Email addresses to send mp3 attachment to. Separate with commas': (555, '5.5.2 Syntax error. f126sm9958861qka.14 - gsmtp')}
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 1 trying again in five seconds for Pittsfield FD Page Received at 12:12:59 on 03/13/19
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
done starting TLS
logging in
logged in
SMTPRecipientsRefused: {';Email addresses to send mp3 attachment to. Separate with commas': (555, '5.5.2 Syntax error. l28sm8513934qtl.53 - gsmtp')}
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 2 trying again in five seconds for Pittsfield FD Page Received at 12:12:59 on 03/13/19
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
done starting TLS
logging in
logged in
SMTPRecipientsRefused: {';Email addresses to send mp3 attachment to. Separate with commas': (555, '5.5.2 Syntax error. r11sm7571346qtj.70 - gsmtp')}
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 3 trying again in five seconds for Pittsfield FD Page Received at 12:12:59 on 03/13/19
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
setting mail server up
set up mail server
starting TLS
done starting TLS
logging in
logged in
AMR Group Email sent to

Any help is appreciated!!
Something is messed up in your tones.cfg file with the mp3 email addresses line. If you edit tones.cfg manually in a text editor, you'll see there's a comment at the end of the line that matches what's in the "SMTPRecipientsRefused" error message. For some reason that comment is getting interpreted as part of the email addresses and the email server doesn't like it very much. You can delete the comment, but it's likely there's still another issue in that line somewhere.

Andy

davidland

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning,

Please forgive me if this has been posted already. I curious to see how I can get this software up and running. However, our alerting uses the Motorola tones not two tone. Our radio system is digital too I'm sure that will make a difference.. Couldn't the software listen for the first tone or any tone? Does anyone have instructions for the software? Thanks in advance for your understanding and assistance.

David

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Good Morning,

Please forgive me if this has been posted already. I curious to see how I can get this software up and running. However, our alerting uses the Motorola tones not two tone. Our radio system is digital too I'm sure that will make a difference.. Couldn't the software listen for the first tone or any tone? Does anyone have instructions for the software? Thanks in advance for your understanding and assistance.

David

What do you mean by Motorola tones? If you mean Quick-Call 2 format tones, that's exactly what TwoToneDetect is designed for. It is not designed for Dual Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF), if that's what you're thinking. Instructions are on the program website www.twotonedetect.net

Andy