• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Unication G1 Tone Voice Pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

truckie27

You only want the 1050 tone. Remember it's a broadcast station not 2-way. No other tone is used.

Unfortunately the pager does not decode the modern EAS digital data, so it will trip for any alert sent on that frequency.
I think that will be fine... So long as I don't have to listen to the normal daily broadcast.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

truckie27

Anyone got any suggestions as to why I'm not getting voice recordings on my G1? I get them on some knob positions.. But not another

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
Anyone got any suggestions as to why I'm not getting voice recordings on my G1? I get them on some knob positions.. But not another

In your Programming software on Tab H you will need to set your Delay timier and your Record Delay Timer on EACH Knob postion.

Attachments

• Rays Pager Sales Programming Tips.JPG
    Rays Pager Sales Programming Tips.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 457

truckie27

Do they need to be the same time? Is it ideally set to start recording at the end of the B tone of a 2 tone set?

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Could someone post a vhf codeplug or send me one? I downloaded the software and I want to play around and see what all it can do before I buy one.

Kenwood TK-2180 | Motorola HT1550•XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
Do they need to be the same time? Is it ideally set to start recording at the end of the B tone of a 2 tone set?

The time does not need to be the same.

What this will do is; When the dispatcher drops the carrier after the B tone the DELAY TIMER starts and ensures that the G1 will continue recording till the dispatcher decides to key up and talk.

The RECORD DELAY TIMER will cover any carrier drops throughout the message.

So you will need to determine how long your dispatchers drop the carrier normally and set it accordingly to capture the complete message.

truckie27

The time does not need to be the same.

What this will do is; When the dispatcher drops the carrier after the B tone the DELAY TIMER starts and ensures that the G1 will continue recording till the dispatcher decides to key up and talk.

The RECORD DELAY TIMER will cover any carrier drops throughout the message.

So you will need to determine how long your dispatchers drop the carrier normally and set it accordingly to capture the complete message.
Thanks so much.... Is there a drop down to turn off the backlight when receiving audio but still flash when an alert is received?

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much.... Is there a drop down to turn off the backlight when receiving audio but still flash when an alert is received?

No the the screen will light up everytime the G1 monitors. You can however turn the screen off in the options section, that will keep the screen totally dark till it alerts or monitors something.

hiddenrun

Premium Subscriber
Could someone post a vhf codeplug or send me one? I downloaded the software and I want to play around and see what all it can do before I buy one.

Kenwood TK-2180 | Motorola HT1550•XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

Here is a Sample G1 VHF code plug attached I got from Ray's Pager Sales

Attachments

• A Sample G1 VHF.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 79

NYH5338

The voice playback has to be on alert sound or alert viberate. This feature can only be used on these settings when your department is triggered with our set of tones. I have a g1 do to my Dept switching from monitors 5 to the g1 which I find easier. Any questions shoot me an email

Status
Not open for further replies.