New: Uniden UBC800XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

citylink_uk

Database Admin
I can get a BCT15 imported from the states for half the cost of the UBC800XLT and its virtually identical with limited modds for market outside of US.

90% of trunked systems here are MPT1327 which Uniden dont seem to be bothered about.

Rich

Lodis

Unless a new radio scanner for europe has MPT1327 capability, I won't even bother at all. This mode has been ignored for too long yet they are releasing a radio advertising Trunk tracker III modes for europe. Don't make me laugh. I am well aware you can follow these modes using software but it is not the same.

citylink_uk

Database Admin
Lodis said:
Unless a new radio scanner for europe has MPT1327 capability, I won't even bother at all. This mode has been ignored for too long yet they are releasing a radio advertising Trunk tracker III modes for europe. Don't make me laugh. I am well aware you can follow these modes using software but it is not the same.

Very true, unfortunately Uniden never listen to anyone suggesting the addition of MPT tracking despite all the protocol documents being listed online by Ofcom!

hamclassics

ubc-800xlt , the biggest mistake i ever made

Hi folks.
A couple of days ago, i bought me a brandnew uniden ubc-800xlt.
I love the looks of it and it has some great features you dont find on any other scanner.
But what a pile of sh.. is this scanner when you hook it up to an external antenne.
I have problems on about 80 procent of the frequency's in the whole range.
I hear a lot ! o yes but only things that i dont supose to hear on the freq's i'm listening to.
In the range 138-144 i hear strong signals from the local airport at 15 km distance working in the 131-133 range.
On 146.810 great signal of the local taxi company , only the are working on 149.690.
118-136 i hear 100 times the local radiostation .
430-470 i hear lots of pocsag interference and have to lock out about 90 frequency's.
146-174 same story
When i'm listening to HF on my Icom R-8500 and i turn on the ubc800 i have about S-5 to S7 noice on all bands .
This scanner is completely un-usefull at my qth and i will return it to the shop and put my very old commtel 205 on the desk which is working a lot better with much much less interference from any strong station in this area.
ferry

Status
Not open for further replies.