• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New UPDATED info reguarding Tax rebate checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLH

Premium Subscriber
Just announed on CNN news this morning

ANYONE who has files their 1040 tax return for 2007 and may be due a tax rebate check the amount of your tax rebate has been changed.
Starting May 2, some 130 million U.S. families and individuals will be getting tax rebate checks from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Here you will find answers to many of those questions, as well as resources from the IRS to help you understand the tax rebate.

Single taxpayers under 65 that qualify will recieve
$1,500.00

Married couples who file will recieve
$5,400.00

Married couples with children will recieve
$1,500.00 per child, maximum of 5 children per household.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
Source?

That sweetens the pot. I mean what was I going to do with a measly $600? That doesnt even cover rent. This rebate is nothing more than a "feel good" legislation so that the masses dont notice the rough economy. The govt wants us to spend it on plasma TVs and lobster dinners? Screw that! I'm not spending it on anything! I'm stimulating my assets, not the economy! The only thing i'm going to consider buying with it is kruggerrands. The govt is giving away money that they assume is going to be worthless soon. Thats why they are so eager to give it away!

Allan_Love_Jr

DanTSX said:
Source?

That sweetens the pot. I mean what was I going to do with a measly $600? That doesnt even cover rent. This rebate is nothing more than a "feel good" legislation so that the masses dont notice the rough economy. The govt wants us to spend it on plasma TVs and lobster dinners? Screw that! I'm not spending it on anything! I'm stimulating my assets, not the economy! The only thing i'm going to consider buying with it is kruggerrands. The govt is giving away money that they assume is going to be worthless soon. Thats why they are so eager to give it away!
The "Only" thing I will spend my money on is a new Memory card for my Digital Camera. That's it. I will pocket the rest. Screw the Economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.