New USC P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Looks like USC has a new P25 system. I wonder if this is the replacement for the LTR Passport system used by campus public safety.

Receiving following rather weak on the Westside.

WQXQ543
854.0375 - Control

System: 00A
WACN: 92806
NAC:014

Looks to be phase-II TDMA system with intermitted random transmissions on TG 64051

Additionally 854.6375 is part of the license but its not popping as part of the data stream.

If anyone is any closer and able to monitor system as its built out, kindly submit the info to the Db.

KG6GTH

Premium Subscriber
The Vendor was testing it the other day... Supposedly has good coverage downtown, I'll put it in the BCD-436 and try and listen next week...

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Looking at licences WQXQ543, its authorized with sites both on the USC campus in downtown, and also at the USC Health Sciences campus up by Boyle Heights.

Earlier today I noted the control channel 854.0375 was putting out a Site ID of 010, so I wonder from what location that might be?

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
The system seems to be coming alive.

During the last week I am told frequent activity was noted on TG 10001, 10002, 10011 and 30001.

System is confirmed as P25 Phase-II TDMA.

If anyone is close by and can monitor to help ID users kindly submit the information so that we can publish the new system in the Db.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin

LBH

WPWD921 is the updated license that was used for the Passport system. It may be time to place a fork in it.

This system, just like the P25 one, has two sites: one at the main campus, and one at the hospital. The campus site has eleven frequencies; the hospital has seven.

451.8000 is an itinerant frequency, so that is an odd one to use. But then again, it, along with the possible 452.0750, aren't on the license. This may make sense, albeit contrary to Part 90, if some of the Passport frequencies have been moved to the DMR system whilst the Passport system is still up, and they needed a few more frequencies on the DMR side.

Since I'm a bit out of range, this is just a hypothesis. I could be totally wrong.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Appears school Department of Public Safety has made transition to P25 system.
TG 10001 reported as dispatch "Control 1" and 10011 as a Tac.
Db updated.

macdaddy1199

Feed Provider
I'm within range. I plugged the most recent Db into my 436 yesterday. No traffic on either DMR or the Phase II system, but I'll continue to monitor it. I actually don't get any signal bars for the P25 system on the 436, but I get them on my 396, which can't do Phase II. This month the traffic on the Passport system has seemingly disappeared, so I'm not really sure where their dispatch channel is right now.
I'll update if I notice any changes.

I was able to get dispatch working this morning. I used all the same information from the P25 system currently on the database but made the system "P25 X2-TDMA" instead of "P25 Trunk." I'm not sure, but the Db might need to be updated to reflect that (it's X2, not Phase II). I'll keep updating if it changes.

I'm not sure, but the Db might need to be updated to reflect that (it's X2, not Phase II).

Sorry for the triple post. I just checked the Db, the system was listed correctly, but loaded in Sentinel incorrectly as Phase II Trunk only.

Last edited by a moderator:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Bringing back this thread.

According to control channel info, the P25 system now shows an adjacent site 15 with control channel 854.0375(same as existing site 10 currently)

Per licences, 15 is likely located at Keck School of Medicine adjacent to County USC hospital.

If anyone can copy, and help supply the remaining site info (frequencies, NAC) it would be appreciated so we can get it in the Db.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.