• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

new user, confused with local trunked set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demondred6

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am a new user on the forums and with scanning.

I have a BCT15X and am having problems with setting it up to work with local trunked freqs..

I used to live in Jacksonville, NC and I was able to scan and pick up the Onslow Country sheriff dispatch & Patrols with hardly any programming.

I now live in Wilmington, NC and using the same technique I am only able to hear an EMS Dispatch only, no patrols. I have been looking here (New Hanover County, North Carolina (NC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) and found a bunch of freqs, but nothing works. I am also confused about how to use this information as well (Wilmington-New Hanover County Public Safety Trunking System, Wilmington, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies)

Where can I find a step by step instruction of how to set up for trunked scanning?
-and-
What resource can I use to better understand how to use the freqs and such in the above links to use with my scanner?

I understand how slow things usually are, but I was hoping to get some help prior to Irene Hitting the coast.

Thank You!!

captclint

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCT15X and am having problems with setting it up to work with local trunked freqs..

I used to live in Jacksonville, NC and I was able to scan and pick up the Onslow Country sheriff dispatch & Patrols with hardly any programming.

I now live in Wilmington, NC and using the same technique I am only able to hear an EMS Dispatch only, no patrols. I have been looking here (New Hanover County, North Carolina (NC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) and found a bunch of freqs, but nothing works. I am also confused about how to use this information as well (Wilmington-New Hanover County Public Safety Trunking System, Wilmington, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies)

Where can I find a step by step instruction of how to set up for trunked scanning?
Welcome to RR These should help your understanding.
Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual
Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki
Common Trunking Programming Questions - The RadioReference Wiki

Demondred6

Premium Subscriber
thanks for your help, after more searching on my end, I found the easier to read manual. Why could'nt they add it to google?

anyway, I have managed to learn some interesting stuff and It really helped out with programming sites, set freqs, banning plans and such. Once I feel more comfortable I'll make a youtube how to video to better explain some things.

What really helped was the easier to read manual!

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I'm a very happy scanner owner/user now!

Status
Not open for further replies.