new user, confused with local trunked set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demondred6

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am a new user on the forums and with scanning.

I have a BCT15X and am having problems with setting it up to work with local trunked freqs..

I used to live in Jacksonville, NC and I was able to scan and pick up the Onslow Country sheriff dispatch & Patrols with hardly any programming.

I now live in Wilmington, NC and using the same technique I am only able to hear an EMS Dispatch only, no patrols. I have been looking here (New Hanover County, North Carolina (NC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) and found a bunch of freqs, but nothing works. I am also confused about how to use this information as well (Wilmington-New Hanover County Public Safety Trunking System, Wilmington, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies)

Where can I find a step by step instruction of how to set up for trunked scanning?
-and-
What resource can I use to better understand how to use the freqs and such in the above links to use with my scanner?

I understand how slow things usually are, but I was hoping to get some help prior to Irene Hitting the coast.

Thank You!!

captclint

Mentor
I have a BCT15X and am having problems with setting it up to work with local trunked freqs..

I used to live in Jacksonville, NC and I was able to scan and pick up the Onslow Country sheriff dispatch & Patrols with hardly any programming.

I now live in Wilmington, NC and using the same technique I am only able to hear an EMS Dispatch only, no patrols. I have been looking here (New Hanover County, North Carolina (NC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) and found a bunch of freqs, but nothing works. I am also confused about how to use this information as well (Wilmington-New Hanover County Public Safety Trunking System, Wilmington, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies)

Where can I find a step by step instruction of how to set up for trunked scanning?
Welcome to RR These should help your understanding.
Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual
Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki
Common Trunking Programming Questions - The RadioReference Wiki

Demondred6

Premium Subscriber
thanks for your help, after more searching on my end, I found the easier to read manual. Why could'nt they add it to google?

anyway, I have managed to learn some interesting stuff and It really helped out with programming sites, set freqs, banning plans and such. Once I feel more comfortable I'll make a youtube how to video to better explain some things.

What really helped was the easier to read manual!

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I'm a very happy scanner owner/user now!

Status
Not open for further replies.