ProScan: New User SDS200 and ProScan

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
I am also trying to make Proscan show the talk group name from my SDS200. But none of the "%XX" on the Metadata Source page show what I want. Typical Talk group names in my area would be "Newton County (56) Sheriff" or "Jasper Count 37 DISP". But I can only figure to show generic things on the metatags like "Sheriff Dispatch" and I monitor over a half dozen County sheriff's offices and on the metatags there is no way to tell them apart or what county is talking.

UPDATE: I figured out how to display what I want on the metatags by putting in the Custom Format box "%C,%DE". This setting results in an example metatag of "Sheriff Dispatch, White Cou..." and this is just what I want to see. It would be a whole lot more simple if the "%XX" examples said you can use more than one "%XX".

Indianabrad

Feed Provider
I'd also like to add that I found out that, your SDS200 (that you stream to RR) if you listen to it with Winamp, that you can much improve it's "sound lack of quality" that the SDS200 has, if you use the Winamp equalizer and drop all the the sliders left of the center to the bottom (-12db). I am surprised how much better it sounds than listening to it thru the set of PC speakers I have hooked to it. The terrible sound quality of the SDS200 has been a sticking point to me for the 3 yrs that I've had it and that I nearly sent it back over. I hardly used the 200 during that 3 yrs and listened to my other scanners. But I recently put it (my 200) on my RR feed b\c of Indiana inching closer to Phase II. But what I said above can make your 200 sounds less then terrible, which like I said is surprising. But I am still thinking of selling the most expensive, worst sounding scanner I ever bought, on eBay.

Last edited: