TRX-1: New User TRX-1 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Just got my new TRX-1 and it's performing well in my area.
Somewhere in one of the threads I read you can change the startup tone.
I have searched with no luck can anyone help.
Thanks in advance.

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
I have a second question.
Does the TRX-1 display the color yellow on it's LED.
Mine shows green on dark yellow and blue on light yellow.
I thought the LED was supposed to display a ton of colors.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1 ?

Here's a ton of color hex codes where you would enter the 6 numbers/letters in the scanner menu manually.

Hex Hub HTML Color Codes: Hexadecimal codes for named colors used in HTML page features

FF0000 is RED

104E8B = dodger blue

FFE600 = yolk yellow .. etc ;0)

YOU can assign those colors in EZScan and do whole batch assignments too up in the alerts heading in Trunked or Conventional tabs BKL or LED for each object. A pop up window comes up for those when you click. SEE below link for that thread and photo examples.
http://forums.radioreference.com/wh...1088-color-call-group-issues.html#post2672862

Last edited by a moderator:

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Ah so I'm not crazy after all.
I wasn't sure if I had a defective LED or it just doesn't display yellow.
My PSR 500 did do yellow so I just assumed the newer unit would also.
Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: RRR

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
Well F84035 definitely works for me I now have yellow LED on my TRX-1.
Many thanks Sparklehorse.

WA3YDK

Premium Subscriber
Is this still working on the latest firmware?

Just received a new TRX-1 and have followed the instructions precisely with a few of my own sound files converted to the specified u-law format. I even downloaded sample u-law files from the web, all of which were copied individually to the root of my SD card as Startup_.au but nothing plays at power up other than the stock beep..

Can anyone confirm that this this works with the latest firmware updates?

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
WA3YDK I had the same luck you did.
I wonder if anyone would Email a working file to try.
I was looking forward to the Bad Boys them song.
If somebody would be willing to share a file PM me and I'll give you my Email address.
Thanks to all the great people on this site it is a wealth of information with all the contributions.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Here's a link to a link with my original startup file. I just checked it, and it still works.

http://forums.radioreference.com/wh...ler-wednesday-did-you-know-2.html#post2623014

Hope that helps!

Sorry, just realized that's an mp3 file... you'll have to use something like Audacity to convert it to a .au file. I'll see if I can grab my .au and post it... but my pork roast is almost done so it may be tomorrow night. :p

Last edited:

G7HID

When I first converted a file to 'au' format I overlooked the 'sample rate of 8000Hz' bit whilst saving.. It did not work at all in the scanner.
Saved the file again, making sure of the sample rate, it has worked flawlessly in all following conversions..

Your audio file will need to be converted to u-law with the sample rate of 8000 HZ, Mono, then change the name of the Audio file to Startup_.au and place in the root of your SD card.

Mike

G7HID

It's OK, it covers all the UK allocations, but they should have gone down the Uniden route and made the step sizes user configurable..

Mike

racingfan360

It's OK, it covers all the UK allocations, but they should have gone down the Uniden route and made the step sizes user configurable..
Mike

It covers *most* of the UK allocations, but not all of them: the 138-156MHz band needs to be at least 6.25khz steps, and at the minute it's an oddball mix of steps. That prevents decoding of several users in this band, including one major TIII network. As Mike says, they should have gone down the Uniden route and made the step sizes user configurable. Personally I feel a bit cheated in that Whistler vendors still advertise it as having "Tuning Steps: 2.5, 3.125, 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5 ad 25 kHz".

Status
Not open for further replies.