• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New user

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

New guy here, and I will probably need some help, but later. I'd like to check out the forum first as I'm sure there is tons of info here and you have off topic stuff. Anyway, I live in N. Texas, I am semi retired, married 3 grown kids. I just got 2 Baofeng GT-3TP tripower radios with the 3800 mah batteries. Well, thanks for having me.

Mike

Hello,

New guy here, and I will probably need some help, but later. I'd like to check out the forum first as I'm sure there is tons of info here and you have off topic stuff. Anyway, I live in N. Texas, I am semi retired, married 3 grown kids. I just got 2 Baofeng GT-3TP tripower radios with the 3800 mah batteries. Well, thanks for having me.

Mike
Send it back for a refund! You probably won't be happy, once you find out how much trouble they are!

So far I've looked around and can't post to many places. But I understand what with all the trolls out there. You oughta see some of the political forums at other sites.

Anyway, I have figured out how to program my radios with Chirp and that's pretty cool. I'll keep reading....

Status
Not open for further replies.