New White and Blue radio setup at Henniger Flats. LA CO FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectr17

The new White and Blue radio setup at Henniger Flats above Pasadena CA. This replaced 2 old Motorola Syntor radios. This is a LA County fire station that does the wood/brush testing for the fire index report every afternoon. How dry is the chaparral report. Blue radio is what fire dispatches on and in what they call the T band, 470 mhz TV band that was given to LA CO FD and Sheriff only. The 2nd radio named White is a VHF Tac radio. Both Motorola XTL5000s. Small power supply with 3 hr battery backup. Check out those small speakers instead of the big stock Motorola speakers.

Attachments

• la_county_fire_henniger_flats_new_radios.jpg
    la_county_fire_henniger_flats_new_radios.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Henninger_Flats_bldg_sign.Jpg
    Henninger_Flats_bldg_sign.Jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,262
  • la_henniger_flats.jpg
    la_henniger_flats.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,073

spectr17

Yeah, the road in is through the top of Eaton Cyn by FS66. The drive aint bad with all those wimmens in yoga pants walking the road. :D

scottyhetzel

Yeah, the road in is through the top of Eaton Cyn by FS66. The drive aint bad with all those wimmens in yoga pants walking the road. :D

God bless you spectr.... That is awesome.

Is that picture showind downtown pasadena or is that glendale...?

The blue and white radio holdermlooks like a vehicle console inverted up right ?

Last edited:

monitor142

The blue and white radio holder looks like a vehicle console inverted up right ?

That's exactly what it looks like to me. It has the standard Troy console cup holes on the top with a blank plate on the inside.

I've actually considered doing the same thing with mine when it wasn't in my car.

-M142

spectr17

Yes it a console, the installer who built it had to cut the speakers holes though. I remember him having a hard time finding a Greenleaf big enough to punch the 2 holes.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
The new White and Blue radio setup at Henniger Flats above Pasadena CA. This replaced 2 old Motorola Syntor radios. This is a LA County fire station that does the wood/brush testing for the fire index report every afternoon. How dry is the chaparral report. Blue radio is what fire dispatches on and in what they call the T band, 470 mhz TV band that was given to LA CO FD and Sheriff only. The 2nd radio named White is a VHF Tac radio. Both Motorola XTL5000s. Small power supply with 3 hr battery backup. Check out those small speakers instead of the big stock Motorola speakers.

LAPD uses the T Band as well. I think the South Bay consolidated communications system does as well. There are more in southern California if memory serves me correctly. I think 16 metro areas were allowed on the T Band due to frequency congestion at the time. I don't think the 800 MHz band was available then.

The U.S. Congress made a bad decision to trade this band away in some sort of adjustment of the 700 MHz band, or a similar situation. This would really be a financial blow for L.A. County and City as well as all the other licensees in not only southern California, but in the other 15 metro areas where the band is used. The San Francisco metro area is another one of the 16 areas. I don't recall the due date of abandoning the band.

spectr17

You mean greenlee hole saw correct ? Lol

Greenlee makes hole punches for electrical boxes for big pipe. At least that's what I've used them for. He may have used a hole saw also. Not sure which one would be faster, the punches leave a cleaner lip on the hole. Still need a bushing around that cut hole though for safety.

5061.jpg

Last edited:

spectr17

LAPD uses the T Band as well. I think the South Bay consolidated communications system does as well. There are more in southern California if memory serves me correctly. I think 16 metro areas were allowed on the T Band due to frequency congestion at the time. I don't think the 800 MHz band was available then.

The U.S. Congress made a bad decision to trade this band away in some sort of adjustment of the 700 MHz band, or a similar situation. This would really be a financial blow for L.A. County and City as well as all the other licensees in not only southern California, but in the other 15 metro areas where the band is used. The San Francisco metro area is another one of the 16 areas. I don't recall the due date of abandoning the band.

Thanks for the correction and info ExSmokey.

scottyhetzel

Greenlee makes hole punches for electrical boxes for big pipe. At least that's what I've used them for. He may have used a hole saw also. Not sure which one would be faster, the punches leave a cleaner lip on the hole. Still need a bushing around that cut hole though for safety.

5061.jpg

Cool, I did not know they made K.O.(knock out) that large.

Status
Not open for further replies.