New Wideband Future Radios? New Winradio Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreqMeister

Is anyone aware of any new wide coverage HF - UHF radios under development? Imagine an RFSpace NetSDR or Alfedri SDR-Net with .01 - 1800 Mhz coverage with all of Winradio's software options like their digital suite, trunking, APCO P25 digital, etc.

There are still not many options that compete with the G305e and G315e Winradio models which are very dated technology--primarily because of their very limited IF bandwidth (and the G305's drift problem). They're really more software controlled receivers with audio outputs and not SDR. There are some really expensive wide coverage radios with approximately 10 Mhz IF outputs, like the AOR-Alpha (which apparently has horrible dynamic range), but I'm not aware of any reasonably priced (say under $2000) options. There are also a few wideband receivers with audio I/Q outputs, like the Alinco DJ-X11, but they're also similarly limited in real-time bandwidth like the G305e (and the Alinco has very mediocre RF performance).

So are the Winradio guys just sitting back and milking their 15 year old technology or are they working on putting say a 20+ MSa/S 12+ bit A/D (i.e. 10+ Mhz of IF) into something like the G305e with an ethernet port which has the potential to dominate the market? And if Winradio can't be bothered to move into the 21st century, is someone else working on something similar?

Last edited:

FreqMeister

I should add I do know about the Winradio WR-G39DDCe but it's around $5000 and still only has 4 Mhz of bandwidth. It also lacks ethernet.

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Anything accompanied by a "Request a Quote" button is beyond the hobbyist price range.

coz

Premium Subscriber
Yes but it's good to compare the differences and see how the amateur technology improves.

majoco

Stirrer
If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it. Mentioned in the HF radio section here, I think US$64k was mentioned.... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.