New WSP Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
What's the status of the new WSP radio system? I've been informed that they are going to P-25 but so far, 155.58 and 155.52 have both been in analog for a long time. They were digital in March/April of last year but that was it.

wkm

I thought I read they were moving to 700mhz. Apparently keeping analog vhf running till full transition. Where I am at I catch quite a bit on all their vhf channels.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
What's the status of the new WSP radio system? I've been informed that they are going to P-25 but so far, 155.58 and 155.52 have both been in analog for a long time. They were digital in March/April of last year but that was it.

At this time I believe they Are in the clear, on VHF, there old stuff is where I would have my scanner parked on.

Stavro35

Control channel 774.634375 sys i.d 1f1 radio displaying that it is a p25 frequency . I thought it might be the new King county transit system . I don't show that frequency for that system and the sys i.d doesn't match.

Is this a mirror image of an existing system ?

Is this possibly the new state system rumored to be in place?

Darth_vader

"Were down here?"

I don't know; were you?

"Which area is that frequency P25?"

Vancouver. I think it's P25, anyways. Could be some other packet mode.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
"Were down here?"

I don't know; were you?

"Which area is that frequency P25?"

Vancouver. I think it's P25, anyways. Could be some other packet mode.

Vancouver WSP has been in P-25 since (I wanna say) April of last year. A good friend of mine owns a PRO 163 and texted me one morning saying he can't hear them anymore which led me to check my sources only to realise they'd gone digital. He follows Portland area police, fire, and ambulance talk closely.

SCPD

QRT
I see WSP has a 700 MHZ P25 trunked system in the database now; is this just for Seattle Metro? If so, do we know what posts are moving to it? Also, are we still moving forward with P25 VHF for rural posts?

Stavro35

Follow up

Follow up to Gotdigital. Do we know for sure that it's a P25 phase II system? The two digital scanners I have are Phase I capable only.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I see no submission for the new updated info, so I guess the other active Admin for our State could add to this. at this point I am not sure why it is listed as State wide when it looks like it is only active in one County at this time. kd7kdc are you sure this should not be in the staged area here.

Last edited:

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I just broke the WSP sites off the federal iwn page because they are not IWN rather they are only backbone connected to it.
An yes I suppose that it could be set to just one county for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
I just submitted info for the other two sites. From what others have said... Site 202 was heard around Puyallup and Site 204 was heard in Thurston County (Olympia) which would sort of make sense. (To cover Shelton -- the WSP Training facility.)

Status
Not open for further replies.