New Xenforo RadioReference User Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunlea

You made the right choice moving to XenForo. Also, you don't need Tapatalk - some horror stories on the XenForo forums about Tapatalk, plus the XenForo software is very mobile friendly as it is.

mule1075

Feed Provider
You made the right choice moving to XenForo. Also, you don't need Tapatalk - some horror stories on the XenForo forums about Tapatalk, plus the XenForo software is very mobile friendly as it is.
Tapatalk works just fine as far as I can tell. Have been using it daily.

Jim41

On the Log In page the box for "Stay Logged in" is has a default condition of checked.
Can the default condition be changed to not checked? (For security reasons, I don't want to "stay logged in.") At each log in I have to uncheck the box.
Does logging out at the end of a session overcome the "stay logged in" request?

Jim41

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Does logging out at the end of a session overcome the "stay logged in" request?
Yes, it will delete the cookies that are responsible for login persistence. Logging out is basically unchecking the Stay Logged In box after the fact.

Jim41

Thank you for the prompt reply.
This characteristic reduces my request to have the default condition for the box be unchecked.

Jim41

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the prompt reply.
This characteristic reduces my request to have the default condition for the box be unchecked.

Jim41

If you are going to click log out at the end of your session there would be no need to check the box when you log in...

Jim41

If you are going to click log out at the end of your session there would be no need to check the box when you log in...

I agree. Thanks for your input. I will be happy to leave the log in page in its current state.

Jim41

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
is the "last logged in" time still avaliable? if it is can someone point it out please? i find it handy as i'm in and out all day.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Dark Theme is very nice! Good upgrade so far.
My only criticism of the dark theme so far is that links within a post are no longer obvious because they are the same color as the rest of the text. The dark theme would currently require a user to mouse over all the words in the post to determine if there was a link present.

I have linked the RadioReference website as an example.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Only thing I miss or missed is the ability to search in a forum or sub-forum. I know one can select via the search menu, but it's easier if one is already in the forum to just "search in this forum".

frazpo

I liked seeing the Forum title on the right side of each post. The forum title text is fairly small now and hard to see on each post.
It was just nice to glance down the page and look for forums of interest. Like the new look.

radio3353

My only criticism of the dark theme so far is that links within a post are no longer obvious because they are the same color as the rest of the text. The dark theme would currently require a user to mouse over all the words in the post to determine if there was a link present.

I have linked the RadioReference website as an example.

I noticed this last night when I included a few links in a post in another forum. I agree. The links should be a different color. Or, maybe underlined. Admins...can this be added to your to do list? Thanks.

Mikepepd

What happened to "digests"? The question was asked a few days ago and I haven't seen an answer. (After emails stopped, I went to the site, "watched" the forums I was interested in, and started getting individual thread emails. Digests were better.... I have looked in all the setting and nothing jumped out.)

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
What happened to "digests"? The question was asked a few days ago and I haven't seen an answer. (After emails stopped, I went to the site, "watched" the forums I was interested in, and started getting individual thread emails. Digests were better.... I have looked in all the setting and nothing jumped out.)
Totally miss the digests as well. Like just getting one email per forum to see what was new from the previous day. The individual emails are little bit excessive and sometimes I dont even get an email for an updated thread. So I now have to visit the site a couple times a day and go through each of my watched forums to see whats new or updated.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Digests are not a part of the regular forums software and can only be added through an add-on. At this point, with the exception of the Images Gallery, we haven't looked at any additional add-ons but we'll add this one to the list.

I'm sure once the holiday season is over, Lindsay will start looking into tweaking things.

kd2pm

TETRA Techie
Premium Subscriber
Digests are not a part of the regular forums software and can only be added through an add-on. At this point, with the exception of the Images Gallery, we haven't looked at any additional add-ons but we'll add this one to the list.

I'm sure once the holiday season is over, Lindsay will start looking into tweaking things.
Thanks Mike. The power users here will appreciate any tweaking to make it easier for us to read what we want to read and ignore what we dont.

Mikepepd

Thanks for the response, Mike. It appears that several of us miss the digests and would appreciate having Lindsay think about adding them.

Mike P

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When I click "Find Threads" then "Threads with your posts" There are a ton of threads that I have not looked at, not posted in and not subscribed to. Is this something you are aware of?

I mean it does list posts I am in, but displays many I would never read, let alone post in. Take this screen shot for example. It shows my avatar on the last post, actually all of them for matter, Datron Guardian Pl tone, in the Industry discussion. I always have had those forums collapsed, a feature that I miss here with the new forum. But look at that post, I did not post in it and nobody else did either. Yet it somehow comes up in posts that I am in.

post2.JPG

Same thing in this pic. Shows I am in an eastern canada thread when there were never any replies to the post. Why am I seeing these posts that I am not part of in any way shape or form?

posts 1.JPG

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Wow. I've been so busy with work and the holidays I haven't been on in a few weeks. I had quite the shock when I popped in to see the new forums. In my quick browsing of a few topics so far so good. No major bugs. Although the dark mode leave a bit to be desired. But nothing too terrible. I will miss the old forums though. I'm definitely a never move my cheese person so I'm not usually a big fan of change. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.