New York City 70cm Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAD

Hi All.
I'm trying to find active 440 repeaters for my commercial UHF radio in New York City. I have been looking at different sites, collected over 60 repeaters data. When I programmed those in my radio, only 16 out of those 60+ are responding. Does anyone know some popular UHF repeaters in and around Queens? I'd appreciate your feedback.

I'm not making it into WB2HWW repeater at 440.7/445.7 with 114.8 PL. Does anyone know if it's operational or has any input changed lately?

Thanks,
Asad

ASAD

N2ICV, I got frequencies and PL tones from those two particular websites. Only 16 out of 60+ repeaters are working (for me). May be the rest are down or I am away from their coverage.

namhcor

WB2HWW 440.700 MHz repeater appears to have an output issue. Signal strength much lower than it normally should be.

rapidcharger

The problem with those directories like repeaterbook is that when a ham repeater goes offline, for whatever reason, even if it is just temporary, those directories often don't get updated.
And sometimes unfortunately the repeater owner doesn't want to lose their pair and holds on to hopes and dreams of someday bringing back their dead repeater when time and personal budget permit. That day might never come. So you have directories full of imaginary repeaters that maybe once were. Maybe they never were. Maybe they're in someone's back yard and have a coverage area of 3 blocks. Maybe they just aren't accessable with the radio you have from your location.

A lot of maybes. But the moral of the story is a lot of what is in the repeater directories isn't actually there.

Status
Not open for further replies.