New York Fire&Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
ok hello New York im coming up to NYC in a couple months and recently hand programmed 163 with most of conventional frequencies and NYSP. so a kid in my high school World History/Geography class cause we were talking about 9-11 and he said that New York was one of the first cities to go digital, I dont think he knew anything about scanners or the radio system FDNY is on im just asking are they digital. in the DB it said that the FG HT9 was the only FDNY frequency that was digital and i checked all the DOITT trunked systems saw everything a mix, so im just checking . thanks

Rob_K

Feed Provider
ok hello New York im coming up to NYC in a couple months and recently hand programmed 163 with most of conventional frequencies and NYSP. so a kid in my high school World History/Geography class cause we were talking about 9-11 and he said that New York was one of the first cities to go digital, I dont think he knew anything about scanners or the radio system FDNY is on im just asking are they digital. in the DB it said that the FG HT9 was the only FDNY frequency that was digital and i checked all the DOITT trunked systems saw everything a mix, so im just checking . thanks

FDNY is not digital. I use an HT1000 to listen when I'm in the city.

New York County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

NYPD doesn't appear to be either.

Edit: I should have read your post more carefully. I only listen to the dispatch for each borough and none of those are not digital.

SCPD

QRT
ok thanks i dont think that this kid knew what he was talking about, i figured that they weren't considering all of the conventional frequencies and obviously the analog trunked systems

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
I think the only pressure to change anything in NYC's many radio systems might come from the FCC's rules about narrow banding. Whether that forces a change to digital remains to be seen. There is still a bad taste in FDNY's mouth about digital [the fireground experiment]. There seams to be no operational reason to change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.