Newark PD Frequency Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm new to scanning NJ police departments (too used to NYPD & PAPD) and started to monitor the Newark PD as of yesterday. I have a few questions for clarification while I learn the NPD radio system.

1. Does anybody have any Newark PD district maps posted up online and any car assignments for each district? I remembered the NPD website having district maps a a few years back, but now they're gone.

2. I have NPD surveillance channels 1-3, but it seems like I'm picking some some kind of FD traffic from I dunno where. Other than that, I can get the other district channels "5 by 5" (NYPD slang for loud & clear) out here in Brooklyn.

3. What does "R&I" stand for on the NPD R&I Detective freq (460.4000 MHz)?

4. Is the Newark Housing Security/Police freq (868.8125 MHz) a trunking freq? Looks very much like one? Are they part of the NPD or a seperate city housing police agency?

DJ88

Reference your question about the Newark PD Surveillance Channel frequencies, do you have the PLs programmed in ? If you don't you will receive traffic from other agencies, who are within receiving range of your scanner, that use those frequencies.

The Housing Security Police frequency is not part of a trunked system. The FCC Database shows two frequencies licensed to them: 868.8125 and 823.8125.

DJ88

I don't know what they use them for. I live in Brick (Ocean County) and can't monitor Newark. I was just trying to help you with as much as I could. Maybe someone who monitors the area can will be able to help you.

Scut

Newark Area

The R & I are records and Info . I have the pl. programmed in and NEVER heard them doing surviellance.

The best freqs are the Essex county ATTF (auto theft task force)found on the prosecutor's freqs.
Most Dept's in metro area are gravitating to Nextels for their suviel.

Status
Not open for further replies.