Newark Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know what police frequency the NPD Helicopter uses? Or do they just use any of the district frequencies.

I ask because if anyone heard it, there was a pursuit earlier that originated in Newark and I could only hear the helicopter on SPEN 1 talking to NJSP. I was monitoring the NPD frequencies and I never heard them.

I checked the RR archives and no one was able to answer the question then, so I thought I would re-ask now.

Thanks,

P.S. While typing another pursuit in the south dist. 2233

SCPD

QRT
i have noticed the same thing with the NPD helo, i think it can communicate with any NPD freq i believe i have heard it before on there, but don't quote me on that. but as of late i have heard it on SPEN almost religiously.

SCPD

QRT
lakekid313 said:
i have noticed the same thing with the NPD helo, i think it can communicate with any NPD freq i believe i have heard it before on there, but don't quote me on that. but as of late i have heard it on SPEN almost religiously.

From the pictures I saw, I don't think I want to be in it. Doesn't seem to air worthy. This is the first time I have heard it on SPEN. I guess they were close enough to me. They were following the car west on 280 and W. Orange took over and then it went back in to Newark.

Thanks,

xpawel15x

res148cue said:
Does anyone know what police frequency the NPD Helicopter uses? Or do they just use any of the district frequencies.

I ask because if anyone heard it, there was a pursuit earlier that originated in Newark and I could only hear the helicopter on SPEN 1 talking to NJSP. I was monitoring the NPD frequencies and I never heard them.

I checked the RR archives and no one was able to answer the question then, so I thought I would re-ask now.

Thanks,

P.S. While typing another pursuit in the south dist. 2233

I monitor Newark daily and I heard those 2 pursuits yesterday. First one was a VW Passat wanted for eluding, mv violations, and aggrivated assault on a police officer after he rammed a unit. Pursuit originated in Newark then he went on 280 westbound. Orange PD and West Orange PD got a part of the pursuit in their city. Monitored them too. After he almost rammed a W. Orange unit they broke it off so he came back to Newark where ABLE1 followed him everywhere until Newark units got him. They wanted to terminate the pursuit but the units kept going after him and it was a battle of the dispatcher and the units.
Dispatcher "as per 400, break off the pursuit"
NPD Unit "negative"
Dispatcher "identify yourself unit"
NPD Unit "he's going west on south orange"

rofl...the units in pursuit were totally ignoring the dispatcher. This continued until they finally got him. Newark units weren't going to stop chasing him. It was hillarious.
Okay back to your question, the NPD helicopter "ABLE1" operates on any of the NPD freqs as it did yesterday. He was on the West precinct freq and he communicates with other agencies on SPEN1 if the car leaves Newark (as he did yesterday) and that's what you heard. But usually I hear ABLE1 on the Newark precinct freqs when there is a pursuit in the city...

The second pursuit yesterday in the South District turned out it the car was stolen from Clifton, NJ. After a bail and foot pursuit 2 were in custody but 1 at large who got picked up by another car during the foot pursuit. Good Scanning.............xpawel15x

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That's sounds like typical Newark "professionalism". What can you expect when they're so bad off they have to put up a HELP WANTED sign?

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
kb2vxa said:
That's sounds like typical Newark "professionalism". What can you expect when they're so bad off they have to put up a HELP WANTED sign?

I heard rumors NPD comms we're bad but I was too far away to hear. Listening yesterday, I couldn't believe my ears!

I have never heard an officer or in this case officers, ignore a supervisors order to "break it off". You try that in Morris Co. they bring you up on Dept. charges.

xpawel15x

res148cue said:
I heard rumors NPD comms we're bad but I was too far away to hear. Listening yesterday, I couldn't believe my ears!

I have never heard an officer or in this case officers, ignore a supervisors order to "break it off". You try that in Morris Co. they bring you up on Dept. charges.

Speaking about Newark's bad comms... These are some things I heard that I remembered..

Dispatcher "respond to ### Street Name, the caller is stating he went home real quick and came back out and his car is gone, the license plate of his vehicle is Alpha........anyway.. yeah they stole it."

LOL I couldn't believe my ears...he didn't even finish the plate as if there is no chance the responding unit will find it...

Also It's funny when the dispatcher says "Mother and the daughter is fightin' "

ROFL:D

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Oh you noticed the ghetto jive too. If that's your bag give a listen to the New Jersey Transit 800MHz CB radidio... rah-jo rar rar? (;->)

SCPD

QRT
kb2vxa said:
Oh you noticed the ghetto jive too. If that's your bag give a listen to the New Jersey Transit 800MHz CB radidio... rah-jo rar rar? (;->)

I went and got my ham license to get away from the cb radio, and now it seems they keep sneaking their way in, with those modifed 10m jobs. The truckers are like locusts.

npd155

newark police does not have dispatchers. they have call takers (civilians) and the voice you hear on all freq. are police officers. call takers awnser the call on one side of the dispatch center and place it into the computer. it then gets fowarded to the other side of the room to the officers console. thats why it sounds that way. it is better to have a cop on the radio in a big city like newark because they know the streets. tracking pursuits and such are easier when the patrolman states "im in the court yard of little bricks". civilians just don't and won't have that type of knowledge. also most of the time it sounds getto, the officer on the radio is joking because half the calls are such bs.

Last edited:

xpawel15x

npd155 said:
newark police does not have dispatchers. they have call takers (civilians) and the voice you hear on all freq. are police officers. call takers awnser the call on one side of the dispatch center and place it into the computer. it then gets fowarded to the other side of the room to the officers console. thats why it sounds that way. it is better to have a cop on the radio in a big city like newark because they know the streets. tracking pursuits and such are easier when the patrolman states "im in the court yard of little bricks". civilians just don't and won't have that type of knowledge. also most of the time it sounds getto, the officer on the radio is joking because half the calls are such bs.

I understand and have nothing against them talking "ghetto" and joking around once in a while. In a city like Newark I'm surprised they even have a sense of humor. Either way, Newark PD became one of my favorite departments to listen to. Always some action and very exciting to listen to.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Ealy Morning Newark Banter

Just heard this on District, another Newark classic.

Female Dispatcher talking to male cop.

Disp: Unit 501 respond to 216 Fairmont for two women having sex.

Unit 501: Is that a stacked call?

Disp: No, It’s fresh and caller states they are still going at it.

Unit 501 to Disp: Bet you’re jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.