• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

newbe in oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirschkorn

hello guys, i am wanting to buy a scanner and i know my budget and so on. my qeustion is how much of oregon is trunked? and digtital ? well the new scanners still pick up all 3 o4 types in use? i have tryed to fined this info but not knowing terms and so on im lost big time. a link to what i need would be cool as well. but from what i can read most sounds Trunked.

Since you're in Salem and located in a metro area, I'd say definitely go for a trunked scanner, with a digital model if you're able to. A lot of the urban areas in Oregon are on trunked systems, with digital in the future. At the moment many budgets are on hold so you could probably manage with a conventional trunked scanner for a bit. I think something in the $100-200 range from Radio Shack, GRE, or Uniden would work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.