Newbe - Trying to get Malden Police working on new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgrumpyj

I'm trying to help out a friend who just bought a new scanner "Uniden HomePatrol-2 Phase-2 Digital Scanner with Pre-Programmed Database"

This scanner has all of the frequencies in the database but we don't get Malden PD. I'm going to look at it myself tomorrow, just figured I see if someone could point me in the proper direction.

Were getting the Malden Fire however were not able to hear the Police.

I'm told they went to a digital frequency

Fire = 482.01250 - This works

Police = 470.76250 - Is this the correct

Thanks Bill

bailly2

Conventional Discovery Mode allows you to monitor a range of conventional frequencies, log detailed information, and record the audio for each hit.
In Sentinel: Click the Edit Profile button or Edit > Edit Profile > Discovery Tab
Click to select Conventional.
Click on the append button . Click to highlight and type a name.
Click twice (not double-click) in each field to highlight and select the desired options. Upload to the scanner.
With the Scanner: Menu > Advanced Menu > Advanced Option > Discovery Mode > Conventional Discovery Mode
Or Tap System Side Menu > Advanced > Discovery Mode > Conventional Discovery Mode
Create New Session
Create New Settings
Type a name for the session then tap Accept.
Edit Session
Use or to page and tap the Session Name.
Set Discovery Name type a name and tap Accept.
Set Limit Frequencies type the Lower Limit then Accept. Type the Upper Limit then Accept.
Modulation toggles modulation Auto, AM, FM, or NFM.
Step toggles the step size Auto, 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, or 25 kHz.
Delay toggles delay 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 sec.
Logging toggle to select All or New to log only new channels.
Compare to Database toggle to select On or Off to compare channels with the database.
Record Duration toggle to select None, 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180, 300, or 600 sec. for maximum recording duration.
Time-Out Timer toggle to select Off, 10, 30, or 60 sec. Used to keep a stuck channel from stealing the whole session.
Delete Session deletes the session.
Tap Start to begin Discovery Mode
To avoid channels tap Hold.
Press End to stop.
new.marksscanners dot com/HP/HP.shtml

Vermonster

Malden was testing P25 on 470.76250 as recently as October but I don't know if they made a permanent switch
I would program the frequency twice, once as analog with the existing analog PL of 131.8 and the second time as I would guess you have it from the database as digital with a NAC of 263.

djavier

They have switched to full time P25, as part of the transition radios were programmed with Analog and Digital. Since the system is mixed mode;ocassionally you will hear full conversation in analog, because someone is on the wrong channel. Its all seamless. I put the system in

Status
Not open for further replies.