Newberry sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrat1234

I saw on Newberry county sheriff office Facebook that they switched to a new radio system. Are they now using their 2 talk groups on palmetto 800 or a different system on thier uhf frequencies

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190303-145055.png
    Screenshot_20190303-145055.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 32
W

W4ZMJ

the talk groups listed on the site for Newberry on palmetto 800 I hear those talk groups active on the little mountain site 853.8000 control channel I will have to use my scanner this weekend and get some more talk groups if possible

W

W4ZMJ

This is what i have so far not sure what order they in but fire ops i believe what it sounded like 46554,46555,46858,46857 have to wait till next weekend to try to figure it out unless somebody that works with fire service in newberry county has a scanner and key there radio up to figure it out lol

mrat1234

are the newberry county talkgroups also carried on the richland county simulcast site. i cant scan the prosperity site because im just out of the coverage for that site

W

W4ZMJ

From what i can tell some traffic from Newberry comes a cross the lt mountain site or what they called prosperity but the ops channels i heard only on the newberry site 853.475

mrat1234

have you ever heard newberry county sheriff disp com over on any richland county sites like the county simulcast or the harbison site

W

W4ZMJ

no this is normal they don't come over Lexington simulcast neither reason is they only let certain talk groups affiliate with certain sites just like richland county talk groups don't come across Lexington simulcast expect for hwy patrol or some kind of roam channel guess that's to keep from over crowding a system on another note if there is not a radio affiliated at least one with a site you want hear that talk group on the site neither

mrat1234

one more question abought union county. i know union county fully switched to palmetto 800. is their talkgroup also carried on the Chester county site. just wondering.

W

W4ZMJ

I have no knowledge maybe some one else dose im to far from that site to receive Chester I have a radio shack pro668 you have to use something like a wild card search on that site to see or use a scanner with similar option to listen to all the talk groups on that site find out

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
one more question abought union county. i know union county fully switched to palmetto 800. is their talkgroup also carried on the Chester county site. just wondering.

This is new information. Would you like to share active talkgroup information in use by Union County, aside from the one talkgroup currently listed in the database? Perhaps you mean Union County Sheriff Department only, as opposed to all Union County public safety agencies?

mrat1234

Yes it's just Union county sheriff. They still use vhf some but mostly on 800 now.

mrat1234

i know not all agencies carry their traffic on neighboring sites but i was wondering is Calhoun county sheriff dispatch carried or simulcasted on the richland county simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.