Newbie help for trx-1 user in UK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fires999

Hi GUYS,
Really sorry to trouble you but need some basic newbie help...
I have TRX-1 and radio looks great....here in UK there are a few more users going to dmr so that's where I'd like to concentrate on.
Basically all I want to do is search between a lower and upper freq range to find any dmr users and then listen to their audio. Also I know of approx 10 dmr user spot frequencies and would like to put them in a scan list and scan those 10 freqs until It stops on one of them and again I can hear the audio.

(sorry if I sound basic, don't want to come across as patronising).

So the limit search on my trx-1 I have set for 453.00mhz to 457.00mhz , is that all the input I need to make it search, stop and provide audio from a dmr user ?
The scan list I have programmed with 10 spot frequencies, again do I need to do anything else or can i push scan and wait for it to stop and give me dmr user audio ?

Think what I'm really asking is does scanner automatically recognize a freq is dmr and automatically give me clear audio or do I have to tell scanner it is a dmr frequency ?

If some kind person can just baby-walk me through what buttons i need to press in what order i'd be so greatful.
Kind regards, newbie and pain in the a**,
Kevin UK

fires999

Re: Newbie in UK...

Hi Troymail,
Thanks so much for reply...I'm not interested in programming the TRX-1 with different talkgroups and users etc, just want to search, stop on dmr user and hear whats happening (yes I know its £400 for me to achieve this but got fed up of having analogue scanner connected to laptop running dsd software rattling around on the front seat of my car...although that set-up cost about £50 !!!)

Many thanks again,
Kevin (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.