Newbie in need of programming assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

109bpd

Hi! I have a PSR 800 and RS Pro 668 that I am sending to Whistler for upgrading. Is there someone in central Iowa that can assist me in programming the units when they come back? I have been scanning for years but these scanners continue to frustrate me. I would rather work with someone locally than ship them out of state for programming. Any advice or assistance will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
109bpd - no need, BOTH your 800 and 688 use EZ scan software, and they should be able to use the TRX EZ scan once they get Updated.
I think you can just go to the Whistler Group website and Download EZ scan for TRX/Legacy scanners. Once, you get your Scanners back from Whistler , you should use EZ scan to Update your scanner for FREE, its Really EZ to Update the scanners with the FREE Radio Reference Database. but , First you have to make sure you have your Scanlists programed in EZ scan as well as the Scanner, then you FILL UP the Scanlists with the City/County you want to scan. only put 1 city/county per Scanlist.

109bpd

109bpd - no need, BOTH your 800 and 688 use EZ scan software, and they should be able to use the TRX EZ scan once they get Updated.
I think you can just go to the Whistler Group website and Download EZ scan for TRX/Legacy scanners. Once, you get your Scanners back from Whistler , you should use EZ scan to Update your scanner for FREE, its Really EZ to Update the scanners with the FREE Radio Reference Database. but , First you have to make sure you have your Scanlists programed in EZ scan as well as the Scanner, then you FILL UP the Scanlists with the City/County you want to scan. only put 1 city/county per Scanlist.
Thanks, Hardsuit! I have a couple "closely related" LEOs I like to monitor but they are on upgraded systems- so I need to upgrade. I appreciate your help.

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how close you are to Fort Dodge. But if you are anywhere close by I can give you a hand if you need help.

109bpd

I don't know how close you are to Fort Dodge. But if you are anywhere close by I can give you a hand if you need help.
Lehigh4me, I have my scanners back now from the upgrade. I need to get some new SD cards and will go from there. You are on the "near side" of Fort Dodge. I will see how it goes. When the winter ends... I may take you up on your generous offer. Thanks!

IowaGuy1603

The EZ Scan software is pretty easy to use if you have a computer and a GOOD class 10 SanDisk card. I always use the SD reader rather than trying to connect the scanner directly to the computer.

109bpd

IowaGuy1603, I have a couple SanDisk class 10 on order. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.