Newbie..Marlow, Ok frequency??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShanandLisa

Hey y'all.
I'm new here and probably going to ask dumb questions....but here it goes.
I listen on my android phone using the broadcastify app, for now. I have search and searched the forums looking for answers to no avail. The only frequencies near Marlow are the Stephens County/Duncan feeds...which is great. However

S

simpilo

Hey y'all.
I'm new here and probably going to ask dumb questions....but here it goes.
I listen on my android phone using the broadcastify app, for now. I have search and searched the forums looking for answers to no avail. The only frequencies near Marlow are the Stephens County/Duncan feeds...which is great. However
Will you finish what you're saying please? I am not clear as to what you want.

Looks like your local PD uses DMR https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2152

ShanandLisa

I don't know why all of it didn't post...
I live in Lindsay and my kids (they are grown) live in Marlow. Is it possible to listen to Marlow frequencies somewhere? Or request the broadcaster to add Marlow? (Is that rude??) Also, I use to have a Uniden handheld many years ago. What is a good basic home scanner? I don't need anything high tech or fancy. Just wanna be able to annoy my children given the chance. Haha

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I don't know why all of it didn't post...
I live in Lindsay and my kids (they are grown) live in Marlow. Is it possible to listen to Marlow frequencies somewhere? Or request the broadcaster to add Marlow? (Is that rude??) Also, I use to have a Uniden handheld many years ago. What is a good basic home scanner? I don't need anything high tech or fancy. Just wanna be able to annoy my children given the chance. Haha

The chances of anyone adding anything to broadcastify that suits your needs are slim to none. Looks like your area uses a combination of VHF, DMR and Motorola Type II (OKWIN). There are no basic scanners that can handle DMR and Type II that I know of. Your best bet is a BCD436HP.

S

simpilo

A basic scanner will listen to Marlow's PD because they still use analogue VHF. To listen to Lindsay you need a scanner like what @Turner101 mentioned. If you want a more economical approach I recommend a RTL-SDR ($20-$30) dongle but you may need a fixed antenna some 40 feet high above ground to hear Marlow. The software required to hear a DMR frequency is DSD+. They are using conventional DMR and it's not trunked. The basic public build of DSD+ 1.101 is enough to monitor them. Marlow is not linked to OKWIN. Neither is Lindsay. Trunking ability not needed until the time your area decides to jump onto the P25 system being built. Thats a far away from now as cities are building P25 systems. Gotta have those built before they complete the OKWIN upgrade to P25 PII. They need pre-existing systems on P25 PII so they can map out the network properly.

For now dont worry about high dollar scanners. You can use a conventional scanner with a patch cable from speaker output of the scanner to line input of the computer and then DSD+ can demodulate the DMR digital voice into what your ear can hear in Lindsay. I do say thats your best bet because you're in tornado alley.

As for Broadcastify, you can request on your own cognizance but don't expect it. Is all volunteer basis. You do have the option to stream Lindsay or Marlow PD Dispatch if you get the workings of it all going good.

Good conventional scanner I would pick is a Uniden BC125AT. Amazon has them.

thinking about it as for a way to annoy your kids with a scanner monitoring Marlow, your best bet is the Uniden BCD436HP with DMR upgrade at $585 at ScannerMaster

Last edited:

n5bew1

The database for Marlow PD shows 11K0F3E on all of their frequencies. Isn't that analog narrow band FM? That should be heard on any older scanner.
Yes to what simpilo just posted.

S

simpilo

Well I think i should have said scanning Lindsay will need the 436HP. A conventional scanner of any type will listen to Marlow without additional effort.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
She can also get by with a BCD996 P2 with the DMR upgrade as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.