Newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nautical

I have had a Pro 97 for several years that I never used. I have decided I would like to use it but found the programming very tedious, and had little sucsess doing it manually.

I have since learned that there is a program available called Win 97 that would allow me to program from my laptop. I purchased a cable from RS and paid for my subscription here on RR. I have loaded the software, and did get some frequencies loaded into the scanner.

I am struggling with all the terms and abbreviations here. I am sure I will learn as time goes on. This is what I am struggling with the most right now.

I live in Conway AR, Faulkner County. When I import from Win 97, and use Faulkner County as my search criteria, I am not sure which frequencies I should download. At the moment I am camping at Toad Suck Lock & Dam, which is in Perry County. All I see for Perry County is the "Awin" system. I am not sure what this is, but I think it is digital and I don't think my scanner can use those signals.

With what I have loaded thus far, I see on the display transmissions from UCA Police, Stuttgart Reginal?? (long ways away, maybe a helicopter) and I have seen Faulkner County a few times, as well as Greenbriar Police Dept.

So any suggestions on "Which" frequencies I should use would be helpful.

Also, is all of AR going to this AWIN system?

Should I be looking at a Pro 96? or a radio that will recieve digital? And will the Win 97 Software work with the Pro 96?

I have not paid for the Win 97 yet as I am waiting to find out if it is going to work with the scanner I have now, or if I am going to get a different radio then I may have to buy a different program.

Sorry to be so wordy, this is all very new to me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS. When you get a reply here, do you also get an email? Not sure how I will recieve messages.
If not here, my e-mail is seadog@core.com

Thanks,

Skip

Nautical

Thanks for that info. Are those all frequencies my scanner can use? Or are they all digital. What is the easiest wat to put them in the scanner. Will Win 97 import feature just put them in? I noticed a place I could download *.csv file. Can I download that, and then import to the scanner via Win 97? I think it is more channels than will fit into a bank, how do you seperate them, or should I just cut and paste the ones I want into a new *.csv file and use that.

Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.