Newbie Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorsteele

I am in Holmes Pt, WA (Kirkland area) and just purchased a Uniden BCD436HP. I would like to be able to monitor my local police and fire services but can't seem to find the frequencies I need. It is possible that Kirkland encrypted so I may be out of luck.

I'm so new to this hobby that when I do find a frequency for Kirkland (T 19248) I haven't a clue what that means.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

rwier

I am in Holmes Pt, WA (Kirkland area) and just purchased a Uniden BCD436HP. I would like to be able to monitor my local police and fire services but can't seem to find the frequencies I need. It is possible that Kirkland encrypted so I may be out of luck.

I'm so new to this hobby that when I do find a frequency for Kirkland (T 19248) I haven't a clue what that means.

First, confirm that you have the proper Sentinel software installed on your computer and that you are somewhat acquainted with it. Also, you will need a particular USB Cable (the cable is used for power and programming).

RBMTS

Kirkland PD (and FD) are dispatched by NORCOM. They can be found on the Seattle King County trunking system. You'll want to make the EPSCA SIMULCAST site active in order to hear Norcom dispatching the Kirkland PD units. The number you are referencing is the "TALKGROUP" on the trunking system. The actual talk group is 19472. FD is on a series of talk groups with dispatch being 22384.

Details and information can be found here:
Seattle-King County Public Safety (KCERS) Trunking System, Seattle, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

None of the PD's are encrypted at this time. All conversations are in the clear.

Hope this helps you. Welcome to Radio Reference and congratulations on your new purchase.

Stavro35

That's not a frequency, that's what's known as a talkgroup. If you're seeing those pop up, the radio is working just fine. You should also be able to hear conventional frequencies, like 155.370 and 155.475 just to name two.

If you need help, I'm here.

gatorsteele

First, confirm that you have the proper Sentinel software installed on your computer and that you are somewhat acquainted with it. Also, you will need a particular USB Cable (the cable is used for power and programming).

I haven't been able to install the Sentinel software on my MacBook Air - I'm working on it.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, Sentinel is not supported/usable on a mac.
Alot of people are not aware, but you can easily load windows 8 home in a mac with free software available on the web,(I just googled it). Then when you fire up your air, it will ask you if you want to open with IOS or Windows 8,,,chose windows and then download the Sentinel program and you are set to go.
I guess the only downside is you will need to tell your macbook what operating system you want it to open with when it boots up from this point on.

Status
Not open for further replies.