Newbie questions about P25 mixed system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

challeug

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, first post here, let me start off by saying thank you for having a reference point like this for rookies like me, this is my first digital trunking scanner (bcd396xt) and ive been pouring through posts online, as well as manuals to try and grasp all this information. To my question:
The local countys have put together a seven county system (P25) for simulcast interop capabilities, I downloaded from RadioReference.com and uploaded to my scanner as well as deleted the preprogrammed systems for less confusion. I can scan the system, and have all the talkgroups enabled, but im not getting anything coming to my scanner, except occasional tones and static. If anyone is local that could help me out, or anyone could point me in the right direction the system im trying to scan is in Oregon, Lane County, SW7CountyInterop.

Also, someone told me i had to have codes, or crystals to decrypt the transmissions? is this true or false?
Many thanks in advance
Challeug

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I'm not local, so I can only say what I see from the database. Looking at SW 7 County Interoperable Public Safety Radio Partnership Trunking System, it looks like a large portion of the users on the system are encrypted. This means that they really don't want you to listen in unless you work for them. You will basically need a radio from the agency with the proper encryption keys loaded into it to monitor. Anything marked with an E located under the Mode column is encrypted, but note that it might not be entirely accurate.

This forum isn't exactly the most useful in getting local help, you might consider getting this thread moved to the Oregon Radio Discussion Forum using the
report.gif
button on the top right of your post if you are really looking for those in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.