• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Newbie Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Well...I was asked to show some pics so here goes.

I am a bit embarrassed by the mess, but it's coming around..

I started scanning about a month ago as an extension of my photography biz. Figured I'd do some freelance photojournalism on the side...

Anyway....I went from (1) BCD396T a month ago, to 3 scanners and 2-way. Just finished running LMR400 to attic for Wilson Yagi 800 on a rotator to the 396 and have RG6 from my BCT15 to a ST2 Scantenna (also in the attic).

bcTool running on both Unidens.

Just got the RS 2046 and Kenwood TK-840 today (from a garage sale)...Not exactly sure how I am going to put them into the mix yet.

Next project: Discriminator Tap the BCT15 and program that TK-840.

Here are a few pics of one side of my "shack".

Thanks for looking... I have definitely caught the bug...My wife is so pleased. LOL

Attachments

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
LOL..

I collect old vintage film cameras... Don't really shoot with them though.. hehe

I actually have another room in the house that I have taken over for a portrait and commercial photo studio. Needless to say, my wife is very understanding of my hobby needs..

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Super high-end double secret type of stand..:D

It's a microphone stand actually with very heavy base. It works decently....Need a different clip though to attach a bit more securely.

That is a very nice shack there Andrew.

It shows you have a few interests besides radio.
Love those Tannoy monitors too- and that is another of my passions- HiFi gear.

Don't be too fussed about the mess (??)- I can't see any Pizza cartons or been cans in there!

Commscanaus.

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

Premium Subscriber
Nice shack! I like the way the space is set-up for both work & scanning. Can you show us a couple pics of the antenna set-up in the attic. You must have some decent headroom up there for a scantenna.

P.S. Once the bug hits you......;-)

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Wow. Thanks everyone... I sincerely appreciate it!

As soon as I get my attic organized just a little better, I'll snap some pics... Actually, the Yagi doesn't have all that much room....Barely enough to rotate...but it works....

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.