(Newbie) Uniden BCD325P2 Frequency Help (PL/CTCSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappy125

Hey there community!

I recently bought myself the scanner that's in the title, and after reading the manual and searching the internet, I am still clueless as to how to specifically program in a CTCSS (PL) type frequency.

My local police department uses a frequency (143.08500 MHz) with a 100.0 PL tone and FM for mode. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as it's my very first time using such a complex scanner and I am a little overwhelmed!
Even if you could point me in the direction of an article or something that I may have missed that covers it.

Thanks and all the best,
Zac

wtp

this should be close

program system
new system
conventional
edit group
new group
edit channel
new channel
input freq
menu button
goto the new frequency
set ctcss/dcs
ctcss

tparker2020

Best thing that I did when I got this same scanner was to download the FreeSCAN software. Allows you to interface to your radio, download/upload configurations.

Tim

jimmymjonesdms

Premium Subscriber
Zac,
I have a 325p2 and two 996p2's. I think you made a Wise choice with this little scanner. Like you, I'm also somewhat Clueless with all this new, and ever changing technology! Unlike the recommendations above, (which are ALL Correct, and Very Good advice), I paid extra for the Butel Software, (ARC-XT Pro), and have been very pleased. This software incorporates Radio Reference, (requires a Premium Membership to Radio Reference), and it's More, or Less select, click, and download to your 325p2...especially since you seem to want to monitor a "Conventional" High Band frequency. This software will automatically "load" the PL Tones, etc., related to the channel/frequency you select. Good Luck!!!

Jim

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I don't use CTCSS unless there is interefence. I also note the OP is in BC, Canada and if he is listening to RCMP most if not all have gone encrypted. If not, will be soon?

BC_Scan

I don't use CTCSS unless there is interefence. I also note the OP is in BC, Canada and if he is listening to RCMP most if not all have gone encrypted. If not, will be soon?

Negative on that he is trying to listen to City of Nelson PD , however he likely needs the tone as the work station might be using DMR for the data.
Also note that the license for the city is showing a change to P25 so that may effect things if not allready.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Negative on that he is trying to listen to City of Nelson PD , however he likely needs the tone as the work station might be using DMR for the data.
Also note that the license for the city is showing a change to P25 so that may effect things if not allready.

Well, it would really help if posters would be a lot more specific on what area and what specific department they are talking about. There is nothing in his post he was referring to anything in BC. The only clue came from his location listing.

wtp

i think he got it

i gave him slightly better steps than the above ones.
he just wanted to set the PL up on a frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.