Newport News new talkgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

searingxheretic

Premium Subscriber
Newport News has an ongoing standoff right now (7:53) on Tuesday. SWAT is using talkgroup 4560, which is new to me. I didn't see it in the database either. If you're listening get that talkgroup programmed!

searingxheretic

Premium Subscriber
If anyone is listening, can someone update on how this call started? I turned my scanner on as the units were arriving on the scene (20th and Jefferson). I didn't hear the initial call so I don't know the nature of what is going on. SWAT is deployed, all south units are at the scene along with some central units. SWAT snipers are in position, they are looking for a black male, but I don't know why they are looking for him lol

searingxheretic

Premium Subscriber
One last update for any who care..

SWAT cleared the house the suspect was in, apartment 549E in the housing projects between 14th and 20th. They arrested the suspect and had to usher him out of the area through the crowds of bystanders.

SWAT is definitely using talkgroup ID 4560, so get that one programmed.

If anyone has Newport News being recorded, I'd appreciate it if you reply and let me know how this all started.

South is now dealing with numerous crowd control issues in and around the scene, including a fight in the 500 block of 18th street.

tuttleje

This was in the online Daily Press...they had a picture of the SWAT operation:

"A Tactical Team member talks with other police officers Tuesday, April 15, 2008, near the intersection of 20th Street and Jefferson Avenue in Newport News. Police went to serve Clarence Hill a warrant after they received a tip from the Crime Line in the afternoon and Hill refused to come out. Hill eventually gave himself up around 8:30 p.m."

Status
Not open for further replies.