Pro-96: news from Monroe county tn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
county is possibly now talking of a new radio deal with Dalton communications on using them for their new radio service will try to keep you informed as I here more

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I've heard them testing on TGID 1 on TACN. Sounds like they are going around the outlying areas (Tellico Plains, Citico, etc) checking the reception on TACN. Sounds good in most places up there.
The Dalton NXDN system that McMinn County is using sounds good. I'm picking them up clear. I've got quite a few TG to try and figure out who they are, but there sounds like more than just Etowah City is on the system. I'm hearing EMS to hospital, fire departments (other than Etowah), possibly some businesses, and what sounds like a utility company, plus several encrypted talkgroups. I'm going to try and figure them out.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Sweetwater is on DMR and Monroe County EMA is on DMR (I haven't been able to catch the slot and color code to submit it). Who knows? Then again, just because they are in talks with Dalton Communications it doesn't mean they will switch to the NXDN system that Dalton just rolled out. I know they just bought some new Hytera radios for the DMR, but that seems to be mainly EMA on the county side. Looks like we're just going to have to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
You use UTNMA, VTNMA, 8TNMA etc, analog which are usually standard in Codeplug packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.