SDS100/SDS200: Nip it In the Bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocoder

Its september alright
People are on labor day vacation so it has already jumped to september
Time will always tick away fast

vocoder

Several posts in the uniden tavern on this subject that might be of interest to you
Nip it in the bud
Enough already

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
My thinking is that it gets here whenever it gets here. If it shows up in my mailbox tomorrow, that's fine, but on the other hand, if it doesn't show up until the middle of September, that's cool too. My SDS100 is working perfectly fine with its current battery, so all is fine with me.

:)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
As I said elsewhere, my thinking is that it gets here whenever it gets here. If it shows up in my mailbox tomorrow, that's fine, but on the other hand, if it doesn't show up until the middle of September (or whenever), that's cool too. My SDS100 is working perfectly fine with its current battery, so all is fine with me.

:)

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
...as you say, it gets here when it gets here. Since griping won’t get it here any faster, we muddle on with other unanswered questions, such as when will the batteries (IN BOTH SIZES) be offered for sale so we can buy extras? And aftermarket protective cases? Two sizes?

As long as we are on the subject, another “offering” from Uniden, the external battery charger... due out this fall... at least they stated it will accommodate both size battery packs. Let’s hope that is an indication both size packs will be offered going forward for those who first purchased the SDS100 without any indication the form factor would be changing. (Not entirely a true statement as the form factor of the original offering hasn’t changed-instead another, additional form factor has been added. But you know what I mean.)

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
One other point I’d like to make is this... Uniden seems to have “borrowed” the current radio enclosure, (the plastic case they stuffed everything into) from their marine line of portable radios. But they did not keep one feature of the marine portable that might have made it a simpler chore to increase the size of the battery pack... that of the marine radio’s drop-in charger capability. It would have meant a different backside design for the radio case where a full length battery pack could attach. Maybe a more expensive design, But at the same time, it could allow for better SDR chip(s) heat dissipation using a heat sync. (This heat dissapation is one of the concerns Scanner Master is looking at before they order aftermarket carry cases.)

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I don’t concur with your thinking but as it’s out of our control as to when the packs get shipped, I must resign myself to wait. I don’t like it but that’s life as they say! But the question asked was “Has anyone received the upgraded pack?” I have not gotten the notification of Uniden’s intent to ship (which is supposed to come first as a reminder to double check your registration info on where to ship). And as I stated, no new pack and cover has arrived either. Uniden was shooting for August but that seems a bit too ambitious, given today’s date.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You have gotten the same thing as all the other early adopters. It was never said you will get the battery by the end of August. It was stated plain English that it was PROJECTED August shipping.

marksmith

You have gotten the same thing as all the other early adopters. It was never said you will get the battery by the end of August. It was stated plain English that it was PROJECTED August shipping.
The actual wording was "around August". Seems to me September is "around August".

The current battery works very good. I am actually chuckling at how rediculous this thread is. I suspect Upman will post a thread shortly (in the next few weeks) telling us how it will work.

Until then, none of this discussion is useful or informative.

People have heart attacks over very petty things. It comes when it comes. The radio works fine. If you are going to have a stroke over this, buy a $10 phone charger.

Mark
SDS100/536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
People have heart attacks over very petty things. It comes when it comes. The radio works fine. If you are going to have a stroke over this, buy a $10 phone charger.

Mark

...and get a life.

bob-k

no sooner

The actual wording was "around August". Seems to me September is "around August".

The current battery works very good. I am actually chuckling at how rediculous this thread is. I suspect Upman will post a thread shortly (in the next few weeks) telling us how it will work.

Until then, none of this discussion is useful or informative.

Mark

Your right, all this back and forth is not goint to get the new battery and back panel in your hands even an hour earlier!

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
We should close this thread, as upman has started an updated thread on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
We should close this thread, as upman has started an updated thread on the subject.

Good idea. In the future, you can click the red triangle in the upper right of any post and make the request to close the thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.