• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

NJ Bridge Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

I give a lot of credit to NJ Gov Chris Christie for coming out for a two hour press conference and for his swift action regarding this whole mess! I mean imagine if we could get the President to do the same for the IRS,NSA, or the Benghazi scandals. Obama holds nobody accountable! Not one person in all these scandles have been fired...NOT one! Yet the Dems give him a free pass. On the other hand the Dems are now calling for Christie to be impeached! Now I agree if Christie did know anything about this his chances of a Presidential run is over, but the Dems want it over now before we know all the facts! What a bunch of hypocrites!

‘Impeachment’? Dems escalate NJ bridge probe, while some defend Christie | Fox News

Last edited:

rapidcharger

I give a lot of credit to NJ Gov Chris Christie for coming out for a two hour press conference and for his swift action regarding this whole mess! I mean imagine if we could get the President to do the same for the IRS,NSA, or the Benghazi scandals. Obama holds nobody accountable! Not one person in all these scandles have been fired...NOT one! Yet the Dems give him a free pass. On the other hand the Dems are now calling for Christie to be impeached! Now I agree if Christie did know anything about this his chances of a Presidential run is over, but the Dems want it over now before we know all the facts! What a bunch of hypocrites!

‘Impeachment’? Dems escalate NJ bridge probe, while some defend Christie | Fox News
Oh spare us the fox news talking points.

If this was a democrat, you'd bite off his head and poop down his neck. You wouldn't be praising him and then dissing one of the many rethuglicans for their corruption.

Please breathe through your nose and not your mouth.

F

feets

Any business owner who's employee wreaked havock like was done in New Jersey, say a contractor, would held accountable for the actions of that employee. The owner of the business would be fined, sued or otherwise held accountable whether the owner knew the employee was doing it or not and whether he fired the employee.

Christy is not off the hook. He should have been more careful of his appointments. He is responsible for their actions, not just his own. This requires job loss IMO.

That said, yes the dems are hypocrites.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Situation normal, status quo. Want to roil the water? Look at the politics in Newark, Trenton, Camden. Had to develop a 6th sense when working for the State. Read "The Soprano State" written some years ago. Heck, in the first chapter I found my headache doctor (at the time) front and center in a federal bribery case; he did time in NC. I read the book "Boardwalk Empire" (that gave rise to the HBO series) and it was kinda frightening in a way. I began working for the State back when... and I worked for or knew most of persons mentioned in the last chapter. Lane closures? So what else is going on? Anything new? Situation normal, status quo.

Highpockets

At this point, until more comes out, if there is more, I don't think he should be removed. A traffic jam, I've sat in many in NJ over the years I worked for the GSP, lane closeures for accidents, roadway repair, bad weather, etc. even closing of the roadway at times in spots.

He answered questions for almost two hours (all questions) something no gov has ever done before in NJ, when they get involved in something, they hide under their desks. He fired someone and said it happened on his watch and did the right thing.

I'll wait and see if more comes out, if so I'll take another look at it, removing him from office for a traffic jam, I don't think so, especially since others have gotten a pass for more serious things.

SCPD

The Dems are out for blood! Why...because Christie is the single biggest threat to Hillary! Now sit back and watch the dirt start coming out on this guy. They will stop at nothing.

Last edited:

SCPD

Oh spare us the fox news talking points.

If this was a democrat, you'd bite off his head and poop down his neck. You wouldn't be praising him and then dissing one of the many rethuglicans for their corruption.

Please breathe through your nose and not your mouth.
Is anything I mentioned not true?

F

feets

So the opinion from the East is that corruption is normal so this little bit is just fine?

I'll never understand city people.

F

feets

The Dems are out for blood! Why...because Christie is the single biggest threat to Hillary! Now sit back and watch the dirt start coming out on this guy. They will stop at nothing.
That's probably true. The Reupubs are definately dumb enough to try to run another liberal on the R ticket.

SCPD

I'll wait and see if more comes out, if so I'll take another look at it, removing him from office for a traffic jam, I don't think so, especially since others have gotten a pass for more serious things.
Oh don't worry they will find or manufacture more dirt if they have to. What ever it takes to secure a win for Hillary! Speaking of others getting a free pass....how about the king of all scandals himself Obama. How's that IRS investigation going? Anybody held accountable yet? From what I understand the feds have not even interviewed one single person yet. But their full throttle in regards to Bridge gate!

SCPD

That's probably true. The Reupubs are definately dumb enough to try to run another liberal on the R ticket.
Like him or not you have to admit the Dems are ruthless when they feel threatened. They will stop at nothing! They even suggested Romney killed a woman. lol.

SCPD

So the opinion from the East is that corruption is normal so this little bit is just fine?

I don't think anybody is suggesting that its fine. If Christie knew anything about this he is done! And you won't hear me complain about it. He said he knew nothing...lets see if the truth was told. He could come out of this smelling like a rose if they can't nail him to it. This could all back fire on the Dems.

Last edited:
F

feets

I don't think anybody is suggesting that its fine. If Christie knew anything about this he is done! And you won't hear me complain about it. He said he knew nothing...lets see if the truth was told. He could come out of this smelling like a rose if they can't nail him to it. This could all back fire on the Dems.
Obama said he knew nothing directly about everything too.

Double standard much? Your doing the same as the dems. Giving the R a pass for his administration.

Whether he knew or not is not an issue with me. His administration is now proven to be corrupt. He hired them. He is either ignorant of what his administration is doing or he knew. Both are bad.

Let's give him a pass on the 4 million in federal money he spent promoting himself and New Jersey too.

Highpockets

Traffic is part of everyday life in the city, the corruption was his staff and he fired the person responsible, and may even fire more. At this point I'll take him at his word, at least someone was fired, that doesn't happen to much in NJ, we have a Senator that should have been fired but he's hanging in there, NJ politics.

Highpockets

Obama said he knew nothing directly about everything too.

Double standard much? Your doing the same as the dems. Giving the R a pass for his administration.

Whether he knew or not is not an issue with me. His administration is now proven to be corrupt. He hired them. He is either ignorant of what his administration is doing or he knew. Both are bad.

Let's give him a pass on the 4 million in federal money he spent promoting himself and New Jersey too.
Believe me, after the last 3-4 gov's we've had up until this point he's been a breath of fresh air. Your right about obama, but, he's a proven liar, Christie at this point is not. If he's proven to be he'll be done in my book, and he'll be in the same boat with obama.

F

feets

Believe me, after the last 3-4 gov's we've had up until this point he's been a breath of fresh air. Your right about obama, but, he's a proven liar, Christie at this point is not. If he's proven to be he'll be done in my book, and he'll be in the same boat with obama.
That's fine for New Jersey. I really could care less as it's none of my business as far as the state goes.

When we start talking President, being the least corrupt politician in New Jersey is no different than being the least rotten apple in a barrel. I might cut the squishy part out and eat it at home, but I wouldn't take it to a banquet and force it on friends. :wink:

Highpockets

That's fine for New Jersey. I really could care less as it's none of my business as far as the state goes.

When we start talking President, being the least corrupt politician in New Jersey is no different than being the least rotten apple in a barrel. I might cut the squishy part out and eat it at home, but I wouldn't take it to a banquet and force it on friends. :wink:
I not sure I would vote for him as president even before this, if it is only Clinton against Christie, I will vote for him, I will never vote for a Democrat again, although I have in the past, obama put the icing on the cake for that choice. I'll take a good look at anyone else that runs against them if there is any, and vote that way. (first time) :D

SCPD

The whole country has been eating squishy apple for the last 5 years. Do you think Chicago cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.