NJ: Pascack Valley Fire Departments apply for grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I have a really dumb idea....how about using the County TRS that taxpayers spent millions of dollars on for the increased coverage you need for response/command. Then use the existing VHF frequencies as analog simplex firegrounds.

jaymatt1978

Because the county system is basically non-exsistant in Pascack Valley. Explain this even on the worst weather day possible I get the Fort Lee system full scale. The county system I'm lucky if I get it ONCE A WEEK for maybe one or two transmission thenn it 's gone and before you even go there, I've used three different files and copied the system from the db. I HAVE THE SYSTEM PROGRAMMED CORRECTLY

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Trunk system works fine - its the scanner that may be the problem due to the multi path simo type way they broadcast,
but anyway the county would like to add a site in PV for better in building to basement coverage - The county Police , Sherriff county DPW etc all report excellent coverage - mobiles and just OK portable coverage; but PV towns were offered TG's and all the trimings for free, they said no; PV is not part of Bergen county just ask them
the article is not clear as most articles are when it comes to emergency radio systems; what does PV FD's want with microwave links ? to where? and they already have a common page out and 5 f/g freq's yet the article states each town to get its own freq plus f/g's?
Justin keep us updated

radiomanNJ1

This has to be an April fools joke right? Microwaves will not help them receive their portables or mobiles

It is not real money they want it is tax dollars. What about on going costs for maintainence costs?

Never ever cooperate with the big bad county! It's a Bergen thing we live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.