NJICS Municipal Migration Discussion - Statewide

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The one that the system admin decides....at least that's what my crystal ball just told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like Montclair Ambulance unit is active on 4515.

jvdet

Just to add this holiday weekend
any word if more Passaic County towns might go to 700 or Bergen County Towns? oh wait Bergen County towns when offered for free onto that county system said it was too expensive -
? When i drive thru Bergen and following a tx by Transit or Passaic Co Sheriff it starts out on West Orange but the followup tx may be on Ramapo or Union sites which am not lock on to thereby missing most of the conversation same with Newark fire starts out on union jumps to W Orange or someplace else and am not getting the entire tx if at all......

My guess it that few, if any, Bergen County municipalities will switch to the NJICS system until the Alpine site is made fully functional.

However, unless NJ Transit PD is using some vehicular repeaters of some sort to extend 700 MHz portable coverage, I've not heard a single instance in which a NJ Transit PD officer's portable was classified by Central as "unreadable" regardless of what location they were working on either the Main, Bergen, or Pascack Valley Lines within Bergen County. So, "on street" portable coverage seems to be pretty good.

radiomanNJ1

Just to add this holiday weekend
any word if more Passaic County towns might go to 700 or Bergen County Towns? oh wait Bergen County towns when offered for free onto that county system said it was too expensive -
? When i drive thru Bergen and following a tx by Transit or Passaic Co Sheriff it starts out on West Orange but the followup tx may be on Ramapo or Union sites which am not lock on to thereby missing most of the conversation same with Newark fire starts out on union jumps to W Orange or someplace else and am not getting the entire tx if at all......

Hey, it's Bergen county where free dispatch costs money allegedly. Such little cooperation in Bergen is the way they want to live. Oh, wait it is the Kingdom of Bergen.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Montclair is still waiting for dispatch to get programmed so it could be any day. That 4515 is going to be their dispatch . They will also have a second operations talk group, but I haven't heard that one yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Update on Verona:
They are now testing radios from Motorola , Harris, and Tait. This is the second round of testing, and the results so far are good. A few dead spots have been identified, and they are working with an engineer to try and fix them. But it's not looking good for them to get on the system in 2016. The money has been approved but their seems to be a little disagreement between departments. The police are going to get everything they want, but the fire department is meeting some resistance about what they want, and the rescue squad is being treated like a stepchild as usual.
So nothing has been ordered, and when you factor in time to order, install, and program, they are now looking at late 2016, or more likely, early 2017.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
We are nowhere even close to getting any talk group info yet. They are requesting between 6 & 8 talk groups , 2 each for the PD,FD,Rescue Squad and DPW. Since we are buying all new radios we will be phase 2.

W2IRT

Since you referred to them testing, I figured they might already have had TGs assigned and were testing various radios on them. Guess it's time to get rid of my own 396xt and 996xt and look for P-II capable.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Verona has chosen Motorola APX 6000. We might make the switch in 2016 after all.

SCPD

QRT
Interesting tidbit :
Alex Roman,the town councilman, has a background in radio communications and broadcast engineering, and has spent 20 years in the field and currently serving as the director of information technology and broadcast engineering for four radio stations in the NYC area. So it should sound pretty good if he has anything to say about it.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
Montclair MVAU has an OPS talkgroup: 4517 - 11A5 (submitted to the DB)

Yesterday they were testing and requested a switch to their talkaround. Does anyone have any idea what that may be?

Thanks

W2IRT

Add another one to the mix. I just read a report that North Caldwell (which also dispatches Essex Fells) is looking for a new radio system and odds are they'll switch to NJICS as well.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Plainfield PD will be moving full-time to the NJICS in October. All of the talkgroups will be encrypted.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 6