NJICS Municipal Migration Discussion - Statewide

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I do not have an SDS100. I know there are some here that do and can answer that. I have personally lost a lot of faith in Uniden.

I am very happy with my Unication G4/G5's. As of now, I see no reason for to get a SDS100... I'm thinking about the new Whistler base model when that arrives next year. Supposedly it will handle NJICS and the LSM issues that I experience here. Unsure.

My 536 is dead silent on NJICS. I guess it's not meant to receive that. Shakes head.

I got my 536 from Uniden Factory Store.

I'd recommend you get the SDS100 from them as they offer a 30 day return.

https://udn.factoryoutletstore.com/...0.html?category_id=51423&catalogitemid=548869

That’s crazy. I have no issues with NJICS on my 536 but will say some P25 and DMR appears inconsistent.

If I have Summit PD tunes I get everything I think but in scam mode I feel like it rarely stops in Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Possible Bloomfield TGs

Bloomfield Police and Fire were testing and now have started the transition to NJICS. Hearing FD Dispatch to jobs on FD TG 4795, Police still split between their UHF Ch and PD TG 4789 on NJICS.
Other departments may be also switching soon.

Looking for possible an EMS and or DPW TGs on NJICS?

Info has been updated to DB for Bloomfield.

Not confirmed yet, but following the pattern the way NJICS is issuing TGs to municipalities,
Here is a “possible” layout for Bloomfield NJ.

4789 PD 1 Dispatch - Confirmed
4791 PD 2 ?
4793 DPW/EMS Other Township Dept. ?
4795 FD 1 Dispatch - Confirmed
4797 FD 2 ?

There may be more TGs also.
Something to watch and monitor for.
Any new discoveries or conformations please post and submit to DB.

Thanks

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Bloomfield

Hearing Bloomfield PD and Fire constantly. Thinking they made the switch full time.

The DB has been updated. Their UHF frequencies have now been marked depreciated.
However. It needs to be determined if the UHF frequencies will remain as "local" and or as "back up" to the NJICS. If known, please post or DB submission.

Thanks

ansky

That’s crazy. I have no issues with NJICS on my 536 but will say some P25 and DMR appears inconsistent.

NJICS reception is very sensitive to location. I live in West Orange and my HP-2 has no trouble picking up the Union County simulcast, but I can barely hear anything audible from the West Orange simulcast.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Well what changed for me is I have a G4 and a G5. Unfortunately NONE of my Uniden products were and are capable of dealing with the LSM issues that NJICS holds dearly.

So yeah… Times have changed. I can now listen to my own town within my own towns boarders. Thank you Unication.

I am in complete agreement with you here. We have a 9966P2 at the Rescue Squad building connected to a rooftop antenna and NJICS is completely garbled 80% of the time. I have tried all the adjustments and it doesn’t get any better.

The G5 receives flawlessly every single time. I wonder if Uniden could license Unication technology and really build a great scanner?

The SDS100 is also flawless on all the simulcast systems I have tried, but there’s an awful lot of VHF and UHF conventional around too. That’s the SDS100’s weakness in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

myimpala1

Premium Subscriber
need help

I have a trx-1 and need help loading the new bloomfield frequencies into it. Would anyone be able to help me?

MARTY187

Premium Subscriber
Union Co TG 4435 Fireground 1 question

I noticed recently TG 4435 was changed to Union Co Fireground 1 designation, even though it appears to me this is still Roselle Fire TG. Is Roselle Fire using Fireground 1 as their dispatch and operations and thus do not have their own TG? Just wondering, because now in the database there is no listing for Roselle Fire.

W2SJW

Database Admin
That's the info I was given in a submission by someone who has access to the channel lineup in a radio that's given to UCFD users.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
There were changes over the last month or so, of which this was one, with more coming, as the County pushes towards it's ultimate goal of a unified communications system resembling Morris County or a rural area trunked system. Long over due in my humble opinion.

NParkNJ

On the Road
There were changes over the last month or so, of which this was one, with more coming, as the County pushes towards it's ultimate goal of a unified communications system resembling Morris County or a rural area trunked system. Long over due in my humble opinion.

And hopefully it works as well(and gets as many on board) as Morris County. Only a handful not on it.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Just a FYSA on the Union Co Firegrounds, I’m told currently:

UC FG 1 - Roselle
UC FG 2 - Scotch Plains
UC FG 3 - Springfield
UC FG 4 - Roselle Park

If anyone is hearing anything different or has additional please post.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Just a FYSA on the Union Co Firegrounds, I’m told currently:

UC FG 1 - Roselle
UC FG 2 - Scotch Plains
UC FG 3 - Springfield
UC FG 4 - Roselle Park

If anyone is hearing anything different or has additional please post.

Entirely correct as of the moment, with Firegrounds 5-10 unassigned (for now).

W2SJW

Database Admin
Entirely correct as of the moment, with Firegrounds 5-10 unassigned (for now).

And I just received a submission that almost completely refutes this info.

I want FULL discussions to happen here in this thread before ANYONE submits further info on Union County agencies. I don't want Ken and I to be stuck in a virtual 'see-saw' over DB changes because people are quick to make submissions asking for recent changes to be reversed...

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Bloomfield Updates

Not confirmed yet, but following the pattern the way NJICS is issuing TGs to municipalities,
Here is a “possible” layout for Bloomfield NJ.

4789 PD 1 Dispatch - Confirmed
4791 PD 2 ?
4793 DPW/EMS Other Township Dept. ?

4795 FD 1 Dispatch - Confirmed
4797 FD 2 ?

There may be more TGs also.
Something to watch and monitor for.
Any new discoveries or conformations please post and submit to DB.

Thanks

Just curious, has anyone monitored any activity for Bloomfield on those TGs that are highlighted in BLUE? I am pretty sure Bloomfield has additional TGs assigned to it. Either they have not been using them yet or simply being very discrete on their usage. Again its something to watch and monitor for. Please, Any new discoveries or conformations please post and submit to DB.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
And I just received a submission that almost completely refutes this info.

I want FULL discussions to happen here in this thread before ANYONE submits further info on Union County agencies. I don't want Ken and I to be stuck in a virtual 'see-saw' over DB changes because people are quick to make submissions asking for recent changes to be reversed...

That information is still valid from what I have, in combination with what everyone's hearing.

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

I am in complete agreement with you here. We have a 9966P2 at the Rescue Squad building connected to a rooftop antenna and NJICS is completely garbled 80% of the time. I have tried all the adjustments and it doesn’t get any better.

I've heard numerous report's of the 996p2 being less than stellar here.