NJICS Municipal Migration Discussion - Statewide

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard anything on Oakland? TGs? Info?

I just received a Phase 2 Scanner, and have yet to hear them.

They should be “0242” according to municipality code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick, (Anyone)

Did a very quick search of the forums. Ist time I am seeing this? Oakland, Bergen Co. NJ is (planning, in transition to, has transition too) NJICS???
More information please.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Nick, (Anyone)

Did a very quick search of the forums. Ist time I am seeing this? Oakland, Bergen Co. NJ is (planning, in transition to, has transition too) NJICS???
More information please.

Yeah Ken, K2AJB, and GTR mentioned a short while ago Q1 of 2019 they’re going.

GTR said they have all the infrastructure too.

I’m assuming it’s just testing, or maybe that’s already done.

And if they were on the air I should’ve been able to pick them up, I’m right next door.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Yeah Ken, K2AJB, and GTR mentioned a short while ago Q1 of 2019 they’re going.

GTR said they have all the infrastructure too.

I’m assuming it’s just testing, or maybe that’s already done.

And if they were on the air I should’ve been able to pick them up, I’m right next door.

My Bad, must have been the holidays, I breezed right past it!
I would assume they would use the Ramapo site since it's right in their backyard.

022 (16) Ramapo Passaic, NJ 770.95625c 773.28125 773.53125a 773.78125a
Just got to keep monitoring for new TGs. Also monitor the regular frequencies for key phrases switch over, go to the other radio, give me a test count on etc.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
My Bad, must have been the holidays, I breezed right past it!
I would assume they would use the Ramapo site since it's right in their backyard.

022 (16) Ramapo Passaic, NJ 770.95625c 773.28125 773.53125a 773.78125a
Just got to keep monitoring for new TGs. Also monitor the regular frequencies for key phrases switch over, go to the other radio, give me a test count on etc.
It'll be a lot easier than that, since they plan on simulcasting the 700 MHz talkgroup onto their low band repeater.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Continuing to monitor Bloomfield Police - TG4791 actually PD-3, TG4793 is PD-2 and found out from a reliable source TG4797 FD-2 (Future)

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
In case anyone hears new activity, Irvington Fire Dept will be trying out a TG in the coming weeks with a few demo radios.

I’m wondering when we will see an Essex County Fire Mutal aid talk group. There are 6 county fire departments using this system and more are coming. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
The New MCC 7500E IP Dispatch Console's have been completed as of today, they are currently 16 channels but will be expanded to 32 channels by the end of January 2019.
I am no longer hearing REMCS on VHF as of today, it may have been earlier in the week but today/tonight is the first time I noticed the VHF not in use, are they strictly on NJICS now?

joedisp

Premium Subscriber
REMCS is now full time on NJICS. We stopped simulcasting Friday. Pulse Ambulance is being dispatched on Orange Fire 2. AC56, South Orange Rescue as well as Ironbound are on NJICS REMCS.

REMCS 1/5/6 VHF will remain a gateway system for outside agencies.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
REMCS is now full time on NJICS. We stopped simulcasting Friday. Pulse Ambulance is being dispatched on Orange Fire 2. AC56, South Orange Rescue as well as Ironbound are on NJICS REMCS.

REMCS 1/5/6 VHF will remain a gateway system for outside agencies.

Would the Ironbound EMS units be the 2450xxx RIDs I've been logging on the REMCS talkgroup?

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
West Caldwell has finally began the process to join NJICS.

West Caldwell also handles dispatching for Caldwell, but so far , no decision has been made regarding any Caldwell agency’s making the switch.

WCPD has began the process but I don’t have a timeline yet.
I believe the WCFD will also switch , but I’m not 100% sure about that.

West Essex First Aid Squad is now using talk group 4885 . They went first because they already had equipment installed so they could communicate with Fairfield and North Caldwell.

More information to come. Database submission has been made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Picked up TG 4885 off the Holmdel site with RID 2493002 being denied. Wondering if RID range 2493xxx could be a separate agency and not Atlantic Health. Also picked up ID 16189 (NJ National Guard) affiliating to TG 1537 which I couldn't find in the NJICS or the NJSP 800 databases (800 equivalent is 24592).

mdsxfire

EDBM
With their still being so many different TRS in the state do dispatchers have the ability/knowledge to patch TGs together from different systems for a large scale incident, I understand the agency would have to have access to both/multiple systems, but just my town alone we are on our counties system but bordered by 4 towns in a different county on their own TRS and the town to our south has their own TRS. Makes for a rays nest of radios still in this day and age to go M/A

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I know Morris can patch into NJICS.

And it all depends on whether the resource is in the console or not. For example, down in south Florida with the Parkland shooting the commission report noted there were issues where Coral Springs did not have BSO’s resource in their console so they couldn’t establish a patch. BSO had Coral Springs but still failed to or it was delayed, don’t remember. Could also be vice versa. Regardless, it has to be there and you have to know how to use it and when.

CqDx

Can someone confirm if Hoboken is on NJICS yet? I saw two officers yesterday that were carrying new Harris radios.