NJICS Municipal Migration Discussion - Statewide

NParkNJ

On the Road
Anyone have an update on Oakland going to ICS yet? Radio wise?

Just heard for the first time ever(and I’ve been listening to Wanaque consistently for years) Oakland come over on their channel. Dispatch to dispatch: “Oakland to Wanaque radio test.” Wanaque: “loud and clear.”

Could this be them testing the APX’s/or other radios? Why else would they need to do radio tests on Wanaque’s channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have an update on Oakland going to ICS yet? Radio wise?

Just heard for the first time ever(and I’ve been listening to Wanaque consistently for years) Oakland come over on their channel. Dispatch to dispatch: “Oakland to Wanaque radio test.” Wanaque: “loud and clear.”

Could this be them testing the APX’s/or other radios? Why else would they need to do radio tests on Wanaque’s channel?

Oakland has had UHF for years. Both 45.9800 and 46.5600 crossband to UHF. All Oakland Mobiles and Portables are UHF. They could be testing an APX consolette at the desk who knows, since they are surrounded by UHF.

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
I thought that Oakland UHF channel was a lower power simplex frequency ?

They are, hence no license. But the mobiles and HTs are UHF, so most likely they have the other analog towns in them. Probably with the APXs now they have Franklin Lakes and Mahwah on P25 in them.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Let’s not forget Ramsey...and the entire Bergen County P25 trunked system for Wycoff if they do it right.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Oakland has joined ICS finally....

Hearing PD on TG 4915, Ramapo Site.

They are currently multicasting(GTR mentioned they were patched) to 45.98

Dispatch RID is: 242058

So far as long as I’ve been monitoring no “E” heard on 700 side.

Currently monitoring their 700 and lowband simultaneously.

I’m waiting to submit until I get a better idea of what’s happening with their TG/analog side.

Oakland has joined ICS finally....

Hearing PD on TG 4915, Ramapo Site.

They are currently multicasting(GTR mentioned they were patched) to 45.98

Dispatch RID is: 242058

So far as long as I’ve been monitoring no “E” heard on 700 side.

Currently monitoring their 700 and lowband simultaneously.

I’m waiting to submit until I get a better idea of what’s happening with their TG/analog side.

A few hours ago I heard E on that very TG with no multicast to their lowband.
Must have been testing.

Now I'm hearing the same thing as you.

NParkNJ

On the Road
As of just a few minutes ago the 700 has went quiet. Appears they are only active on lowband at this time.

They made a transmission, and it was only heard on lowband(both sides of the convo).

Perhaps 700 testing.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Just saw 14330 pop up....

According to municipality codes, thats Riverdale "1433#"

It was only a 1 second keyup(with no audio)

Radio ID of 14330 is PIPD...hmmm. Interesting.

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Just saw 14330 pop up....

According to municipality codes, thats Riverdale "1433#"

It was only a 1 second keyup(with no audio)

Radio ID of 14330 is PIPD...hmmm. Interesting.

14330 is a PIP RID. 1433000-1433999 would be Riverdale if they went active on the NJICS. The RID scheme is the municipality ID plus a three digit serial. Hence Oakland appearing as 242058, and Linden Police Dispatch being 2009402, etc...

Last edited:

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
Bergen County follows a similar plan on their Trunk System somewhat. Midland Park is 35XXXXX=35th town in Bergen County, Wyckoff is 70XXXXXX=70th town. I notice Mahwah is using 33XXXXXX IDs on their own P25 Conventional, as is Ramsey on their P25 Conventional 48XXXXXX.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
So I found something interesting..... Borough of Madison (Morris County) has some 700/800mhz channels that were licensed to them in 2016. There are 5 700mhz and 3 800mhz channels assigned under WQXA573 according to the FCC database. Would this signal a future transition to NJICS or since the frequencies are licensed to the town, or would that mean something totally independent? Morris County TRS only uses UHF frequencies so I'm not sure what to make of it.

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
So I found something interesting..... Borough of Madison (Morris County) has some 700/800mhz channels that were licensed to them in 2016. There are 5 700mhz and 3 800mhz channels assigned under WQXA573 according to the FCC database. Would this signal a future transition to NJICS or since the frequencies are licensed to the town, or would that mean something totally independent? Morris County TRS only uses UHF frequencies so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Disregard, its going to be an independent system. Please delete.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's actually a total of four 700 MHz frequencies licensed as repeaters (769.76875, 771.88125, 772.26875, 774.64375); the other four frequencies are the repeater inputs (+30 MHz offset).

The borough licensed these frequencies in early 2016 with the stated intention of building their own P25 system to replace their current T-Band channels, due to the fate-yet-unknown T-Band giveback. They requested a completion date of November 2020. For some reason they licensed them under a conventional license, not a trunked license.

Whether they actually build out a system on 700 MHz remains to be seen, and likely depends on whether the T-Band giveback actually goes through. There are numerous municipalities in the regional who have hedged their bets by licensing 700 MHz spectrum, but so far haven't done a thing with it.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Whether they actually build out a system on 700 MHz remains to be seen, and likely depends on whether the T-Band giveback actually goes through. There are numerous municipalities in the regional who have hedged their bets by licensing 700 MHz spectrum, but so far haven't done a thing with it.

It's more questionable now than ever being that both Verizon and AT&T have made filings stating that T-band will really be of no use to them for mobile broadband, and both are throwing most of their eggs and dollars in the Freq Range 2 basket in the millimeter band between 30.5-300GHz for 5G. Verizon being now countless tens of millions of dollars into engineering and procurement for broadband projects in that range, I don't see them changing their mind. Especially with the new penny pinching regime that just took over at VZW following a massive round of retirements and buyouts.

Last edited:

edisonfire

Is there a listing of NJ towns/cities that detail a numbering system? Meaning, above it mentions Oakland should be these digits on NJICS, and Riverdale those digits. I know Bergen County has 70 towns but is the whole divided into blocks of numbering digits?

Oakland PD appears to have completed their transition to NJICS.
Their lowband is active with patched audio.

I also confirmed that their channel 2 is the same TG as their primary but with encryption enabled.
Unfortunately for us, they were smart and do not patch the encrypted audio onto the lowband repeater.
I will submit this to the DB.