NJOAG Taxation Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
The OAG Taxation TG59312 was extremely active for about 5hrs this afternoon on the North Simulcast. They were doing some type of rolling surveillance on someone who was "making deliveries". Leaving the other details out for common sense reasons. So herein lies the question. Does anyone know of the Taxation Division having any responsibilities that would encompass this kind of activity? Honestly sounded more like some kind of narcotics or federal work...

Side note: Based on what's been on the AG, NJSP Investigations, and federal airwaves here in North Jersey lately...seems like somethings brewing.

Last edited:

Essexscan

Cigarette tax evaders, tons of them coming from NC with no tax stamps or fake ones being sold in many of the hole in the wall stores in NJ-NY by scammers foreign& local and some terror related groups. hundreds of millions maybe even billions being skimmed off the top.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Cigarette tax evaders, tons of them coming from NC with no tax stamps or fake ones being sold in many of the hole in the wall stores in NJ-NY by scammers foreign& local and some terror related groups. hundreds of millions maybe even billions being skimmed off the top.

Heh...nice. That was sure as hell a lot of units on the air for cigarettes.

As for the Jersey Shore...those freaks need to take a high jump into a shallow lake.

Essexscan

LOL I'm not kidding it's as big a business as drugs in NJ. These guys drive to NC in rental vans and bring 2500 cartons in cigs back in each load it adds up fast

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
LOL I'm not kidding it's as big a business as drugs in NJ. These guys drive to NC in rental vans and bring 2500 cartons in cigs back in each load it adds up fast

No, no I believe you. It is just kind of amusing at the same time when you think about it.

Essexscan

I agree it rates along the lines of selling milk past the experation date but the fact that terror groups are involved shows its a low risk-highh profit scam that must be making a fortune for these little quickie-mart scam stores

joshua86

With the recent "open carrirer" problem on the NJSP system...you could have been hearing the us marshals or really anyone for that matter.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
With the recent "open carrirer" problem on the NJSP system...you could have been hearing the us marshals or really anyone for that matter.

Which was my other thought. Either way, it was definitely traffic that was semi-odd to have completely in the clear.

Essexscan

W2MJR what freq did you hear this on? Do you know what town this occured in? I heard a team on 453.4625 running surv on a minivan in Hazlet ending on the Parkway FRI. It ended when i heard someone realize they were in the clear and switched to Detective channel 1. they were tracking the minivan by GPS for a while they driver was using vehicle counter-surveilance techniques going up and down deadends making u-turns and going in and out of home developments at slow speeds looking for cars pacing him

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
As stated in the original message this was on the State TRS, Attorney General's Taxation TG. They were following the subject through Jersey City and Kearny. Totally in the clear.

Then today, I heard what sounded like similar activity, but I couldn't figure out what municipality they were in. It was definitely North Jersey though. This time it was on the AG's Criminal Justice Ops 1 TG, again on the State TRS.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I heard it too, it started in Newark then on rt 78 to PKWY to Woodbridge i heard it on 470.XXXX

Except again, this was separate from the 470.xxxx transmissions which I also noted. What I heard and am talking about was on the State TRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.