Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

any rumblings of changes to the new jersey state forest fire service radio plan ?. the reason i ask, is that there is an article in 1st responder new's that mention's this. nothing concrete. say's to become effective in june.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
The plan doesn't go into effect until July 1st. It could also change before then.

It's basically using the existing channels in a new manner where the tactical channels 6, 7a, 8a, 9a, will be predesignated to each division.

In addition, the DEP repeaters will be available as a secondary repeater channel.

So, if you have all the DEP/NJFFS frequencies in your scanner, nothing has really changed for you.

GM

Premium Subscriber
One of my sources told me last year that their may be a different PL assignment to the Tac channels (179.9 in addition to 82.5 I believe). I'll wait till he gets on here to confirm, since I haven't seen the list yet.

nnjradiotech

Premium Subscriber
As posted above, the link to the Wiki page for the DEP is correct. I began to update it and will complete the Div B and C radio plans (hopefully within a day or so).

Tech792

At this weeks meeting, we were told that the new radio plan goes into effect April 1, 2011. Its basically the same frequencies, just utilized differently for the three divisions. (With the additions of SPEN, south Jersey NET, DEP ch 11 and Ch 1 main DEP repeater). See Wiki link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.