NJSP TG Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nydxa

I'm listening to Troop B up here in NNJ.

I've programmed in the TG's for 2COMM, 3COMM, 4COMM from Troop C and it appears that I can reliably hear those just fine.

My understanding is that if a unit from Troop C is in Troop B's coverage area the TG's are simulcast.

Assuming my understanding is correct, has anyone ever tried this with Troop A TG's? I'd assume it's possible but I figured I'd ask before going through the trouble of programming them in.

In advance, thanks!

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
nydxa said:
I'm listening to Troop B up here in NNJ.

I've programmed in the TG's for 2COMM, 3COMM, 4COMM from Troop C and it appears that I can reliably hear those just fine.

My understanding is that if a unit from Troop C is in Troop B's coverage area the TG's are simulcast.

Assuming my understanding is correct, has anyone ever tried this with Troop A TG's? I'd assume it's possible but I figured I'd ask before going through the trouble of programming them in.

In advance, thanks!

Well, I programmed the TG's for A and C into my system for B, and I do hear some of those talkgroups from time to time.

bjwyatt1999

I haven't tried, but I'd like to know that myself - except in the opposite geography. I'm in the south and want to hear everything going on the length of the turnpike & GSPW when preparing for a road trip.

In general though, I'm far enough south that I can't reliably read system C.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
bjwyatt1999 said:
I haven't tried, but I'd like to know that myself - except in the opposite geography. I'm in the south and want to hear everything going on the length of the turnpike & GSPW when preparing for a road trip.

In general though, I'm far enough south that I can't reliably read system C.

If you are in range of troop C they simulcast 3-comm, 4-comm and 5-comm from troop B also the turnpike and parkway channels are also simulcast from troop B. They're are probably others too. You can hear complete coverage from end to end of the turnpike and parkway if you can hear troop A and C. The B troop channels do not simulcast on troop A unless an affilated troop B car roams into troop A area or a troop A car switches to a B troop channel, which doesn't happen too often.

o5386

nydxa said:

In advance, thanks!

I don't know much about simulcasting, but the act of driving a 'Troop B' car south into 'A' troop or even 'C' troop, for that matter, will not result in simulcasting of one troops radio broadcasts to another troop. When you get out of range of your troops repeaters, the radio beeps and an "OUT OF RANGE" message appears on the radio display.

NESN

In the heart of "C" country, I pick up A,B, & C simulcasts constantly. I have even picked up the AC Expressway comms on C. Actually B comm patrols get so busy I end up locking them out to hear C comm patrols.

Skypilot is right on the money.We get lucky down here for simulcasting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.