NMSP on 700 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
NM 700Mhz

TG135 I am hearing motor units though today. Not just mounted units and definitely State Fair traffic

SCPD

QRT
Rumor has it Sites 1 & 2 are down around Roswell
Anybody here on the forum live down that way that can verify?

As of current today no active sites as the site build outs are occuring down south. Many sites are at a rate of going up within week max, min 3 days. Currently build out is occuring in Dona Ana, Luna, Chaves, Oteto, Eddy, Lea, Sierra, Eddy.

This system is phase 2 tdma capable however only phase 1 is currently being used.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I'm sure if someone did a search in Roswell, they would find more than aliens!

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
A friend of mine was down by Holloman AFB, and he found a P25 control channel on 769.43125 MHz several days ago. He couldn't identify who the user was, as his radio doesn't have the ability to decode that format. However, he did note that he was on US-70 heading west towards Las Cruses, when the signal faded out.

73's

Ron

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
NM 700Mhz

Thunderbolt,
It’s likely that could be one of the Alt control channels for Sites 1 or 2. Or it could be a new site altogether on this system that we haven’t identified yet. It’s likely the NM public safety 700 system. Would need a laptop running Pro96com or Unitrunker software to confirm.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Thunderbolt,
It’s likely that could be one of the Alt control channels for Sites 1 or 2. Or it could be a new site altogether on this system that we haven’t identified yet. It’s likely the NM public safety 700 system. Would need a laptop running Pro96com or Unitrunker software to confirm.

I agree with you 100 percent. An RF safari down in the part of the state might not be a bad idea. You never know what you might find down there.

73's

Ron

wmshook13

Premium Subscriber
Bill here in Colfax Co... been listening to the "Touch Me Not" site for a while now on 769-775Mhz, I have about 11 mile LOS, and haven't heard anything yet. Raton dispatch is still using VHF. I'll find myself in Taos in a couple of days and see what I can hear from San Antonio Mountain. CSQ

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Bill here in Colfax Co... been listening to the "Touch Me Not" site for a while now on 769-775Mhz, I have about 11 mile LOS, and haven't heard anything yet. Raton dispatch is still using VHF. I'll find myself in Taos in a couple of days and see what I can hear from San Antonio Mountain. CSQ

Hello.

You probably already know this, but if you're not picking up a control channel up there, that probably means they haven't yet set up a site on Touch Me Not.

Messages on the RR forum here lead me to believe that they started out in Santa Fe and Albuquerque and have since moved down south to activate the 700 MHz system. I live in Velarde and can receive "Santa Fe Site 3" loud and clear, which I believe is on Tesuque Peak, north of Santa Fe. When I'm mobile and driving south of Velarde, I can receive the Sandia Crest and Santa Fe Site 8 traffic pretty clearly.

I'm really looking forward to listening to what happens with NMSP District 7, which covers Espanola and Taos.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I was in the ABQ area over this weekend and noticed that traffic on the D5 Dispatch digital conventional channel was the same as that on the trunked talkgroup. Is that standard or was it just because of Balloon Fiesta?

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I have heard the convenational up north when I was in Albuquerque alongside the trs about 3 weeks back.

I noticed the trs dropped out around south of Los Lunas and vhf was being used where the districts change.

I'll have to go back on the 436 but I did log a few vhf channels with dpl/pl not in database between socorro and albuquerque.

I also noticed the Sandoval county jail is p25 encrypted and the dB shows analog. I didn't catch the nac.

It also appears vhf was being repeated on nmsp around socorro that weekend drive back and to albuquerque

Other things I noticed was the socorro aRea sheriff channel was silent entire time. I'll go through the 436 in next couple days and post in new thread those findings.

The vhf though is still in use for state southern NM and I haven't heard a peep on 700 minus the el paso sheriff system which they have towers in dona ana, and otero if a unit goes into new mexico. Probably what the one poster heard on 70.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I was in the ABQ area over this weekend and noticed that traffic on the D5 Dispatch digital conventional channel was the same as that on the trunked talkgroup. Is that standard or was it just because of Balloon Fiesta?

No, the digital conventional channel (769.95625 MHz, if I remember correctly) has been transmitting D5 Dispatch traffic for quite a while now. In fact, you can still hear D5 traffic being duplicated on both the old vhf-hi analog (155.520 MHz) system and the new 700 Mhz trunked system. It's been interesting to listen to the same D5 traffic on three different systems.

I don't know if they will eventually turn off the digital conventional channel now that they've got the digital trunked system working in Albuquerque.

wmshook13

Premium Subscriber
San Antonio Mtn activity...

Hello.

...When I'm mobile and driving south of Velarde, I can receive the Sandia Crest and Santa Fe Site 8 traffic pretty clearly.

If you can hear Sandia between Velarde and Espanola, they must really be kicking out some power.

I went to Taos yesterday, and parked at the Gorge Bridge for awhile. I could hear the Colorado DTRS on San Antonio Mtn 5x5. I searched the 769-774Mhz range and found a hit on 774.95625. It was very intermittent, no voice or data, just carrier, and not overly strong so I couldn't determine it's origin. Testing? Who knows. But, very interesting.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
If you can hear Sandia between Velarde and Espanola, they must really be kicking out some power.

I went to Taos yesterday, and parked at the Gorge Bridge for awhile. I could hear the Colorado DTRS on San Antonio Mtn 5x5. I searched the 769-774Mhz range and found a hit on 774.95625. It was very intermittent, no voice or data, just carrier, and not overly strong so I couldn't determine it's origin. Testing? Who knows. But, very interesting.

I think the signals I'm picking up between Velarde and Espanola are due more to line-of-sight signal paths than to strong-power output.

The conventional digital signal I continue to receive with D5 dispatch traffic has got to be coming from Sandia Crest to reach me as well as it does. The new digital trunked system traffic from D5 can be hard to gauge from a power-output perspective because it's most often coming to me from "Santa Fe site 3," which I believe is on Tesuque Peak. Unless there's a microwave link involved, I assume that means D5 input from Albuquerque is strong enough to reach Tesuque Peak, where it's repeated and sent further north.

When I receive D5 traffic directly from the Sandia Crest site, the signals are very clear, but seem slightly less strong than those from either the conventional digital transmitter or the Tesuque Peak site.

I'm usually listening to all this with a Uniden SDS100, which does a really nice job with digital traffic, and which I've programmed to identify the specific sites from which the traffic is emanating. Take my observations with a grain of salt because I'm usually driving and can't pay close attention to the SDS100 display, which can be hard to read, even when it's resting on a table at home.

Speaking of the Colorado trunked system's San Antonio Mountain site, I can pick up that traffic 5x5 as I climb northbound out of Santa Fe on US highway 85-285 from the top of the hill above town to where it descends just past the Santa Fe Opera. I can pick it up again for a few moments on the hill between Pojoaque and Espanola. That's gotta be a line-of-sight product.

I think you said earlier that you were in Colfax County. It might interest you to know I can hear the Sheriff's new DMR system there from Los Alamos and high points around Espanola!

Happy monitoring, Bill!

-Johnnie

n7jei

Premium Subscriber
New Year’s Eve heard radio check on TG 135 identified as "special events, channel 5" Was on West Mesa site.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
I think the signals I'm picking up between Velarde and Espanola are due more to line-of-sight signal paths than to strong-power output.

The conventional digital signal I continue to receive with D5 dispatch traffic has got to be coming from Sandia Crest to reach me as well as it does. The new digital trunked system traffic from D5 can be hard to gauge from a power-output perspective because it's most often coming to me from "Santa Fe site 3," which I believe is on Tesuque Peak. Unless there's a microwave link involved, I assume that means D5 input from Albuquerque is strong enough to reach Tesuque Peak, where it's repeated and sent further north.

When I receive D5 traffic directly from the Sandia Crest site, the signals are very clear, but seem slightly less strong than those from either the conventional digital transmitter or the Tesuque Peak site.

I'm usually listening to all this with a Uniden SDS100, which does a really nice job with digital traffic, and which I've programmed to identify the specific sites from which the traffic is emanating. Take my observations with a grain of salt because I'm usually driving and can't pay close attention to the SDS100 display, which can be hard to read, even when it's resting on a table at home.

Speaking of the Colorado trunked system's San Antonio Mountain site, I can pick up that traffic 5x5 as I climb northbound out of Santa Fe on US highway 85-285 from the top of the hill above town to where it descends just past the Santa Fe Opera. I can pick it up again for a few moments on the hill between Pojoaque and Espanola. That's gotta be a line-of-sight product.

I think you said earlier that you were in Colfax County. It might interest you to know I can hear the Sheriff's new DMR system there from Los Alamos and high points around Espanola!

Happy monitoring, Bill!

-Johnnie

If you think that is great you should hear Torrance or Sierra SO new NXDN. Has great range.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
If you have figured out their new NXDN stuff, please submit it. Thanks!

Indeed intend to. I need to re confirm some stuff before final submit as analog is still used. I only stumbled on it as we were sent update on some stuff and I noticed the nxdn.

Status
Not open for further replies.