No Digital on Pro 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello,
I have a brand new Pro 18 Digital iScan. I can hear analog transmissions but can't hear Digital(P25). I can see the digital channel on the scanner but can't hear anything.

Is there some setting that I'm missing?

kd7ckq

It's most likely a Encrytped Transmission. Does it show [E] at the top during the transmission?

SCPD

QRT
Hi,
I don't think it's encrypted. The digital here is mostly unencrypted and the scanner doesn't get any digital at all.

kd7ckq

Where is here? What system? Also, under ADVANCED FEATURES. Set the first tab under Encryted Digital Audio Settings to AUDIO TONE.
Now when ever you get a Encrypted Transmission, you will hear a busy dial tone.

SCPD

QRT
I'm in Nova Scotia Canada. The system is the Aliant Trunked Mobile Repeater system and is Motorola Type 2. I have the audio tone turned on. I have older scanners that can pick up digital fine.

I should mention that the firmware and DSP has to be updated for this scanner; its out of date. But I don't know if that impacts the digital issue.

SCPD

QRT
I'm using the PSR 800 application to program the scanner so I guess that's as issue too. Is there a workaround for this? I'm in Canada so the Pro 18 app doesn't support Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.