No issue with hum explanation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Some of us don't have the problem because our scanners are at the tighter end of the tolerance range for assembly.

Also, my scanners are separated by and sitting on shock absorbing pads, so vibration effects are suppressed.
I strap mine to a quad running through the swamp.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
While I have not ordered a SDS200 yet, I was an early adopter of the SDS100 and went thru all of the issues that existed early on. I work in the marine electronics industry and we would never tell the end user to open up their units and perform a fix. As consumers paying a premium for these SDS units we should be treated appropriately by Uniden, sorry UPMan the fact that your the only game in town should not put Uniden on a pedestal and expect the consumer to pick up for the short comings of your product, rather you should be providing the appropriate fix to the issue free of charge, including shipping. While I applaud Uniden for the beta test program rushing equipment from the first run off the production line is what has created these issues, I'm fully aware that we all must perform to the budgets and margins put in front of us but the dime you made today is costing you dollars tomorrow.

milcom_chaser

Is there a repair campaign for this issue? What about people with disabilities; tremors, parkinson's, handicapped, etc.?
Can they ship the unit back to Uniden for this fix? Thank You.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Is there a repair campaign for this issue? What about people with disabilities; tremors, parkinson's, handicapped, etc.?
Can they ship the unit back to Uniden for this fix? Thank You.
We will do the procedure for free, but no free shipping. For most people, this is an easy procedure. If it were complicated, the answer would be different.
Yes. Your dime for shipping

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Ok so I really didn't have an issue with the slight hum I could hear when really close to the SDS 200. But, I ordered the little part for the 2 scanners anyway. Expected Monday but it showed up today. After watching the video and installing the part I really don't even hear the slight hum any longer.

Before anyone asks yes I turned the AMP back on by setting it to infinite. So on my scanners at least the little part worked. Now I don't have to put the AMP on 100ms. But like I said the hum really wasn't much of an issue to start with. Certainly, nothing to return the scanner for. So if you are on the fence, go ahead and watch the video and install the part. Takes a few minutes, mostly taking the case apart.

imd

You guys are going bonkers over a hum yet can care less it doesnt even perform on par as the cheaper rigs Uniden sales.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Actually both perform fine in my Simulcast p25 area. Since there is no VHF/UHF that I listen too I guess it doesn't matter if they work there or not. From what I did try in those ranges it performed just fine.

imd

Actually both perform fine in my Simulcast p25 area. Since there is no VHF/UHF that I listen too I guess it doesn't matter if they work there or not. From what I did try in those ranges it performed just fine.

Its good to be a fan boy, right?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Its good to be a fan boy, right?
I never once said there were no issues. Heck when the 996 series came out it had problems. The only thing I ever said was the 2 that I bought from the 1st shipment were good enough not to return demanding a refund. Everything new that comes out will have issues, nothing is perfect.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Since this thread has drifted from the OP's original question and just seems to serve as a place for people to bicker, I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.