• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

No Link Between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Pentagon Study of 600,000 Iraqi Documents Finds No Link Between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein

Tuesday , March 11, 2008

WASHINGTON —

A forthcoming Pentagon study has found no operational link between Saddam Hussein and Usama bin Laden's Al Qaeda terrorist network.

McClatchy Newspapers reports that the study, expected to be released later this week, is based on an extensive review of more than 600,000 Iraqi documents that were seized after the U.S.-led war in Iraq in 2003.

While there was no link to Al Qaeda, the investigation revealed that Saddam's regime gave some support to other terror groups in the Middle East, U.S. officials told McClatchy on condition of anonymity. But he targeted those he considered his own enemies, including Shiite Muslims, Kurds, exiles and others, the news service reported.
Sponsored by the Pentagon, the report found no "direct operational link" between Saddam's government in Iraq and bin Laden's Al Qaeda terror ring before the U.S. invasion, an official told McClatchy.

The Bush administration put forth the argument that there was a connection between Saddam and bin Laden when it made the case to go to war with Iraq after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States.

The Pentagon study won't be released before Wednesday.

-source-
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336730,00.html

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Firetxmi said:
Isn't this one of those "No sh*t!" news stories? :D
Well...I guess they're finally getting around to admitting it. :wink:

No weapons of mass destruction found.
Saddam Hussein taken out of power, tried, and put to death.
Democracy established.
Election held.
New leader appointed.
We promised not to occupy their country.

So...now what?

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
I could have saved them the money by telling them that in '03. I would have only taken a mere 1% of what they've spent, too. What a deal!

Saddam wasn't that bad for the region. He pretty much had a secular government made up of different fractions and pretty much kept peace there. Now there's a good chance for religious Jihad fanatics to take over. Saddam was an ally, worked for the CIA since the late '50's, we put him into power via that connection, and he was business partners with the Bushes with the B.C.C.I . so I don't know why we went to war with him other than to take over their oil.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
This is my take on the situation.

Saddam Hussein started out as a thug and a leg breaker. He led an isolated, repressive country. The Bushs didnt like him, nor did the leaders of the neighboring countries.

Bush challenged him about WMDs - Saddam Hussein wouldn't admit that he did not have WMDs in order to keep bluffing the Iranians (and because he misjudged the USA). (per the 60 Minutes interview with the FBI agent that interrogated Saddam Hussein).

The rest was predictable.

Peter Sz

I could care a less about any of those people over there! As far as I'm concerned, we should have B-1s, B-2s and B-52s drop their loads on them! As the saying goes, kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Piston52Heavy said:
I could care a less about any of those people over there! As far as I'm concerned, we should have B-1s, B-2s and B-52s drop their loads on them! As the saying goes, kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!
I honestly think if we pulled out completely, they'd all kill each other!

It was always absurd to try and say there was a link between Hussein and Al Qaida. Dictators hate terrorists for obvious reasons.

McCain recently was made to look like a fool by claiming that Iran was training Al Qaida and yet many people still believe it when they hear the Bush admin or Fox News say it. Iran are Shiite muslims and Al Qaida are Sunni, they hate each other. Al Qaida are funded and supported by the Saudis but the Bush admin has done nothing but kiss their butts for the past 8 years. The majority of 9/11 hijackers were Saudi as well, so is Bin Laden. Yet Iraq and now Iran are painted as the enemy.

What a web of lies and deception politics is.

Status
Not open for further replies.