No Location in Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello,

I live in Canada and have a TRX1 but can't select Location from the main menu. When the scanner first booted up the Location menu item was there for the United States but Canada is not an available option.

I selected the Bandplan CAN for Canada and went to Global settings where the Bandplan is also set to CANADA.

In the software the Bandplan is CAN and the Set Location checkbox is enabled.

thanks for any help.

RPETER

No location in menu

Had that problem with my TRX-1. The set location was there on the main menu when I first turned on the scanner but after I played around with the radio it disappeared. One of the folks on this forum suggested I go to program menu then global settings and then arrow up instead of arrow down and the "LocationSelect" menu option is the next one up. I clicked it on, hit menu and save and my Set Location was back on the Main Menu.

SCPD

QRT
thanks for the help. I'll try that and see if the Canada is available as a selection.

Last edited:

RPETER

No location in menu

Yes give it a try. I see when I go into global settings and click Default Vals and save it --- then turn off the radio -- then when I power it back up the screen comes up with "Bandplan" listing USA or Canada.

SCPD

QRT
I love the TRX-1 and all its features. But I cannot select "Location" and have the scanner program the scanlists automatically because I'm from Canada. I had to program the scanlists manually which is fine but a major feature of the TRX series is easy programming by selecting where you live. This is not true for everyone and is misleading.

Unless I'm missing something (I don't think so) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.